Dream recall >:(

I’ve been logging my dreams for about 5 or 6 days now, and The first two/three days were great - I was remembering atleast a dream a night (a few I remembered two). After the weekend was over I found it extremely hard to remember my dream - I only remembered two this week. It’s so frustrating - it’s as if the dreams are on the tip of my tongue but I can’t pull them up at all. All week I’ve struggled hard to remember; I can’t remember when I just wake up anymore.

Maybe it’l get easier on the weekend again when I can wake up naturally.

Anyone else experience this frustration?

If i would not take quick notes after having a dream, i would not remember them either. Just put your notes and pen near your bed, and write down few words after every dream that might help you remember the whole dream in morning.

I already have a notepad and pen by my bed.

The moment I wake up I (sometimes) can’t remember the dream what so ever.

Have you tried to remember your dream before starting to move yourself? I have noticed that if i stay still and think a bit about a dream before moving myself and writing it down, i remember more about the dream.

Don’t worry, most of us experience this same thing from time to time, some of us more than others. I had a whole week where I didn’t remember any dreams at all and as soon as I asked for help on the forum, I coincidentally remembered a dream that night (or the next morning actually).

I’ve been keeping my DJ for about 3.5 months now and I still don’t remember a dream every single night…sometimes I go days without remembering and on days like today, I have that same feeling you mentioned, where it’s like the dream is right on the tip of your brain, so to speak, but you just can’t grasp the memory. What I really hate is when I dream that I’ve written down my dream only to wake up and realize that I really haven’t! :content:

I thought waking up naturally on the weekends would help me too, as well as being able to take naps on the weekends, but it really doesn’t seem to make much difference in my case. I remember a lot of dreams when I wake up in the night to use the bathroom. :grin:

Keep trying and don’t stress out too much about it; just let it happen. I used to get frustrated if I didn’t remember my dreams for days in a row, but now I don’t let it bother me so much and I just try again the next night, telling myself I’ll remember my dreams. Good luck!

I could’nt remember my dream again last night.

sigH

Anything I can do to help it?

Try reading the same topic that I posted not too long ago, maybe some of the advice there will help you:
ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p … 0ea#121755

If it’s any consolation, I didn’t remember my dreams last night either but I was exhausted and I know I dreamt, my dreams just weren’t vivid enough and I woke up late so didn’t have time to think about them. I’m going to take a nap now, wish me luck and good luck to you too!

I notice that when i have days full with preocupations i can hardly remember my dreams at all. But i’ve been lucky when we talk about dream recall in general, i’ve always recalled my dreams almost perfectly.

hey. i often go through these “dryspells” too. they are very annoying. just try to stay fairly consistent as to when you go to bed. oh, and squakMix, you really should change your avatar. Every time I look at a post, I immediately think you are r3mot. :bored:

Better?

I remembered two dreams today :smile:! I remembered to stay in the same position I woke up in and they just flowed right in.

I didn’t even really have to think about them - they were just there.

Thanks for the change. :smile: It sounds like you are really progressing. I, unfortunately, can not usually maintain the same position, due to the fact that I have to reach over and turn off my alarm. How’s your lucidity coming?

I haven’t tried to have a lucid dream yet - I’ve been focusing on dream recall lately.

However, I am doing atleast 25 reality checks a day… I do one every time I look at a clock or think about the time.

Something else I found helpful for reminding me to do a RC was putting the words (translucent, like a watermark) “Are you asleep?” over my computer desktop.

Makes me stop and do a RC every time I see it.

Edit: img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/ … Asleep.jpg
/edit

How many LDs have you had?

I, also have been focusing mainly on recall. I have had 3 LDs. I consider this to be pretty good for only learning about LDs a little over a month ago. I also do RCs every time I look at a clock or think of the time. Digital clock RCs have triggered all three of my LDs. All of the clocks in my dreams were weird. I was like “Huh? The hour digit can’t be 100…” :eh:

25 RCs? Wow! I thought I was strange with 5…I guess there’s room for improvement.

As you do more of them, they aren’t really “weird” anymore. As long as you don’t make it really obvious around your friends. :tongue: Just look at your watch twice or three times for each RC.