Dreaming about having an ld?

I’m looking for help on determining whether or not a dream I had was lucid. I’ve had a few LD’s before, but this one was very different - pretty much just like a regular dream, but the content was about LDing.

I don’t recall a moment where I realized I was dreaming. Instead, I was simply having an LD, and was in the middle of doing LD-related stuff with a DC (I’m fuzzy on what exactly - I think stealing things from a store was one of the things.)

Based on the LD’s I’ve had before, this wasn’t one - I was going through the motions but didn’t feel like I was really ‘awake,’ and I wasn’t making any real decisions. It was like my brain was just pretending, or making up a story about me having one.

So does this sound like a regular dream to you all, or do you think I ought to classify it as an LD? I’m wondering if this sort of thing is common.

Thanks!

I had the same exact thing.

FLD

Actually just last night I had a FLD aswell. It was a dream in a dream, where i was trying to LD but i was stuck in my own bedroom. I was trying to make the walls of my room vanish but i couldn’t so i wondered to myself if i was actually awake and not dreaming at all.

The exact thing happened to me. It was weird though, I did things in this dream that I actually did want to LD about, (making out with Taylor Lautner, magic, etc.), but I don’t think I was technically in control.

I would definitely classify this as a FLD. It’s very weird but we really can dream about anything, including dreaming about having an LD without ever actually realising that we are lucid. It just forms part of the storyline of the normal dream then as opposed to actually happening. You can daydream about playing a game for example, that’s like a FLD, an LD in that metaphor would be actually playing the game.