Dreaming I was dead!

I had a really weird dream last night! In my dream I had died, but it was just like earth, just different people… It was unbelievably realistic, probably one of the most realistic dreams I have ever had… Got me thinking (when i had woken up!) about when we die, will it just become a dream world? Say there is an “afterlife”, is it actually a real place… Or is it just our subconscious making it, a bit like dreaming.

Sounds a little ridiculous because when we die, obviously our brains die too, but my dream just got me thinking as all!

Good! :smile: That’s what dreams are supposed to do… make you stop for a moment and think “What am I without?” :content:

and what is brain? just one electronic toy… you know how it works? every neuron takes informations from others, adds them together, and if the number is high enough it sends them ahead… you are much more than just that, there has to be something beyond that computer…so…who knows…
:wink:

Python Angel: Yeah you’re right! In fact, it really made me stop and think about death altogether… Because I was still happy in my dream, made me see that death’s nothing to be afraid of really!

When you die your brain will rot, and rotting brains don’t work. :smile:

Not that I profess to know how the mind, or the brain works. But I think the brain is complex enough and mysterious enough to not require explanations like a soul och spirit or other type of nonphysical or “supernatural” things, YET… When we know exatly how the brain works and what it can do, then we can start to observe aspects of the mind and see what the brain cannot do, wich would really require these explanations.

[The afterlife is like a lucid dream)

OP> you would enjoy this topic.