Dreams becoming more vivid....

Hey whats up guys!
This is my first post at ld4all.com and I’m not really sure where im going with it haha… not sure what questions to ask and not sure if this is just me wanting to share my experiences…

I first heard about lucid dreaming a lil over a year ago… I was in Marine Corps boot camp actually… me and a fellow recruit were gear gaurding in another platoons squad bay… and of course we werent supposed to talk or anything… but we did… I had never heard of LD before and this kid started to tell me about it… I thought he was full of shit but at the same time it seemed very appealing, especially being in boot camp… getting out of that setting (in dream or not) would be a miracle… and he actually told me about this site. Which i visited when I got home from boot camp. Now I have always been someone who had a dream and could never remember it… or if i did remember it the details would fade by mid day, which i hate cause sometimes i want to remember dreams that wake me up smiling.

The first time i visited this site, i read a lil bit of info but didnt really proceed with anything, nor did i see anything. Well about half a year later i decided to look over the info again and browse the forums… browsing the forums i ran into that sound file that you listen to as you go to sleep… with the calming music and voice telling you to check your reality. Now i didnt have a lucid dream or anything like that the day i listened to that sound file so i was dissapointed… but ever since then i have a dream here or there that is really vivid, like i feel like im actually there and remember all the details. I usually dont realize im in a dream… but yet i feel i have more control over it then i used to. There have been 1 or 2 incidents where in my dream i realized i was dreaming… but that was panic induced… in my dream i had to tell myself to wake up because i was freaked out… But when i do have a vivid dream i remember it perfectly the next day…

is this the beginning of LD? am i making progress? what is the next step?

Sorry i wrote so much guys… thanks alot!

Hi FlawedPorcelain, welcome to the forum!

Starting on your yourney to get LD’s might be a bit confusing, but there’s some realy good info on the main site (www.ld4all.com), be sure to real ALL of that! Also, on the forum there are several sticky topics that provide more in depth information on several topics.

About your personal situation, if you can remember some dreams a night, you are making progress ofcourse. Write them down and start picking a technique that you like to try to induce LD’s. If you have difficulty chosing one, read the How to Choose Your Technique topic. Good luck!