Empathy Dreams

Did a quick search, didn’t seem to bring anything up. Feel free to move, mods.

I had a dream once in which a friend of mine was crying and horribly upset. I ended hugging her and cuddling to help her feel better. When I woke up, I felt like I should contact her and see if she was alright (even though in the dream the setting was very dream-like and unrealistic). I shot her a text immediately asking her if she was alright because I had just had a dream she was crying, and I later got one back (I believe it’s still on my phone) that said “Wow… I was crying all night”. At the time we were a good state away and hadn’t talked for a while. We’ve had a habit of finishing eachother’s sentences and not even having to say anything, but still knowing what the other was going to talk about… the list of coincidences goes on.

Also…

On a very difficult night for me, I was feeling… intensely upset. I wanted to just go back to my room and sleep, and avoid talking to my boyfriend, because he’s too sweet and I didn’t want to take anything out on him. I got back to my room just as he shot me an IM. He mentioned that he had been napping and had a strange dream that he was trying to cuddle with me, and I was pushing him away and telling him to leave me alone. I confessed that I wasn’t in the most cheerful mood, but I talked to him and felt better. At the time he was also a 2.5 hour drive from me.

So, I was wondering if anyone has had dreams like this. I wouldn’t consider it precog since it doesn’t involve the future too much… and it’s not a shared dream since one party is awake while the other is asleep.

What do you think? Have you ever been ‘connected’ to someone in this way?

I thought I had at least one, last year, (and I had recurring ND’s that week of the person in question being sad) but am kind of too shy to check. :neutral:

these things are neat

a few years ago : i went and knocked on a friends door and as soon as i did, it woke her up, and she had just dreamed i had gone up and kissed her, and something of the sort, maybe we were playing tag ?

Funny I ran into this post just now, because just last night I had a strange dreams that I kept seeing UFOs. Earlier this morning, my roommate (who was sleeping at her boyfriend’s house) told me that last night she had seen lights in the sky by Camp Pendleton (a military base that I live kind of near) and was convinced it was a UFO.

Also, a few years ago, on the same night that my stepdad sat on my mom’s glasses, I had a dream that I stepped on a pair of glasses (without knowing that my stepdad had done that).