[Ethical] Curiosities about Lucid Dreaming

Hello everyone,

So I’ve been thinking lately about this : Isn’t it better if you train since kid? (around 4-6 years)

I’ve been wondering like, if I ever had a kid, I’d like to teach him about the LD, but I too know that can be dangerous, specially when you are young due the SP. But if he can manage to get over it he will become a “natural” and have his own world where he can do his things. Plus I wonder how will his world look like, since the dreams are based on things that we see and learn, his world will be either really poor or really imaginative.

And about the SP - Our SP must be completly different from a child because the images we see are associations of things we saw once (Satanic Creatures, Alies, Moving Shadows) either on movies or elsewhere. If a pure mind (like the children ones) never experienced fears like this what will they see/hallucinate?

I’m doing this questions based on curiosity and I want to see if it’s actually healthy or not.

So basically that’s it, give me your opinion and perspective about this topic if you find it interasting. :mrgreen:

Hi !

Your question is interesting. My daughter is four. I encourage her to tell me about her dreams every morning, and I am astonished about its contents…it can be schools, paradise, parents, friends, dragons, fairies…in stories that are really relevant. :content: :wiske:

I didn’t talk to her about LD, but I tell her what I was dreaming about and that I sometimes know that I am dreaming. I explain to her I can sometimes fly. I’m not sure she understands, she is young.

But I would her make her choice, and the fact that I’m talking about dreams, I know she would tell me is something happened to her.

If anything dreams and lucid dreams are healthy. I’m very sad that I wasn’t taught about this as a kid so yeah Cyelle, awesome work with engaging with your kid about dreams.

SP is nothing to worry about, just another way to explore your psyche, keep in mind that SP is indication that you are healthy and normally we don’t experience it consciously because SP kicks in when we begin to dream but sometimes we experienced it consciously but like I said it’s a normal thing so don’t worry about it.

Becoming aware of the dreams and becoming aware in the dreams expands your mind and thoughts about this waking life and only gives you advantage. So again there’s nothing to worry about, and when it comes to practice lucid dreaming I would encourage anybody to start as early as possible.

@ Cyelle, I wanna say once again that’s great you talking with your daughter about dreams, don’t worry about her understanding the concept of lucid dreaming or not, she’s still very young and encouraging her to talk about her dreams is awesome and it does much good to her, now and in the future… :content:

Hello again… I am a natural :shy: and I am a bit shocked that you believe in that. I LD since I was 5 or earlier (natural DILDs) and then I have been experimenting with WILD since before I have known its name.

“Have never experienced fears like that”
About the moving shadows… it is so natural, I think it’s instinctive.
What do we fear when we have a dream or SP? I recall waking up scared when I was a toddler. I wasn’t sure why, it was like pure fear without a reason. Possibly “night terror”. And again, moving shadows are a natural cause to be scared. Also, there are phosphenes that are natural visions that may also scare someone.

Related topic:How do I start a 6-7 year own natural LDer?

I am not sure if you can teach someone to be a natural. Worth to try I guess.

I, too, am surprised you would think this. I remember scoffing at the notion that children are too innocent to have worries and fears as a child. (I also had a serious phobia of fire as a preschooler that my mother could think of no explanation for. So there’s that.)

Just being stuck without being able to move can be pretty scary, and if you sense a silent presence in your room at the same time, well, good luck with that. Maybe to a child it would be a scary man, or a witch, or a monster. But I think you can trust them to come up with something.

I don’t think that’s a reason not to introduce them to lucid dreaming though. Maybe sleep paralysis is more common when you’re trying to lucid dream, but they can happen anyhow, and learning how to deal with them, as well as ordinary nightmares, is important to children as well as grown-ups.

I’d wonder if a child would be disciplined or dedicated enough to get consistent lucid dreams, though. But maybe it would be easier for them to learn.

Its completely untrue that a child cant dream up as much horrid stuff as an adult due to not having seen the things and adult has.

With dreams our subconsciousness is quite capable of putting together parts of things to form brand new things (things which dont even exist). It can take the sharp claws of a tiger and put those huge paws with claws onto something like an eagle with a nasty beak and give the beast a whipping tail.

Children due to their lack of knowledge of things and often not knowing if certain things exist or not, will not necessarily know that the beast they encountered isnt a real life one.

Children below a certain age have a lot of trouble being able to distingish between fantasy and reality.

If you are having to teach someone to LD, they arent a natural at it.