"falling feeling" [myoclonic jerks]

try consciously breathing in and out in this state and when you breathe out, counting until its time to inhale again.

in the right conditions somewhere when you are counting it will go from a normal thinking voice to a hallucinatory voice, and…

if you’re lucky or talented you can hold on to the sleep state consciously.

i’ve only really experienced this once, but i also haven’t tried to very often, you have to be fairly alert yet oscillating in and out of sleep. so it’s not a great idea at bed-time.

on the inhale you want to be not thinking at all, and on the exhale you want to be falling asleep, you want to create a balance of inhale = awareness, exhale = drifting off while counting.

at least for the way i did it.

Happens the most in the middle of class for me. My classmates sure do get a kick out of it! :grin:

When it happens to me, I see a fence, I run up to it, I try to jump over it, and my foot gets stuck. Every time. That’s what the falling is for me. But if I fall in a full dream, I almost always become lucid.

Ooh I love that feeling lol, I get it almost every time I fall asleep in class. I don’t know why everyone seems to dislike it, I think it’s a cool feeling! Usually I just “go with the flow”, try to relax even more and not jerk out of it.

Dream on. // Olesia

I also get it in class. I think it happens more if you’re sleeping in unusual conditions or when you are too tired or at strange hours.

I generally dream about falling just before it happens, and it usually happens before I actaully get into a dream. It’s more like HI. It used to happen to me when I was little and slept with my grandparents. I would jerk suddenly and obviously my disease-obsessed grannie would think that something’s wrong with me.

I love the falling feeling–I just hate when it stops.

Sorry if this wasn’t too productive–I was just trying to ‘up’ my posts…

I often get that feeling as well if I’ve been in the water. :smile: Another one I get is if I’ve been riding my bike a lot all day, when I get that feeling it feels like my legs are turning on the pedals. :lol:

Ugh, I get the same thing. :sad: For me it feels sort of like a cat-scratch, and for some reason it’s usually over my left eye and cheek. :confused:

Wow, I get this everytime I sleep, I usaly feel like falling through the universe, and then I usaly think about something, like a projectile coming towards me, and I “jump” up from the bed, and then I usaly get a rush of adrenaline. Is it possible to use this to gain lucidity?

I don’t often get those anymore but they were fun!!! Also I read that the jerks that make you wake up from that sort of half-sleep are yiour brain misinterpreting you falling asleep with you dying so it tries to “keep you alive”.

Also I seem to recall that I always felt like falling when I was about to get asleep so If you can catch yourself before one of those jerks, you can probably use that to get an LD.

Oh wow—I never knew there was a word for those. Thank you!@ :smile:

I can from time to time get this feel very weird almost like my body is floating and falling.

I used to get those a long time ago. There is one experience with that I had when I was little. I still remember it.

I remember I was sort of in a half-dream state and I remember being in this room with blue tiled walls, floor, and ceiling. The room had water that was about ankle-deep. I was sitting in a wooden chair that was in the middle of this room, and then the chair began to tip over, which startled me awake.

That has happend to me while falling sleep I feel like im falling down. I wake up scared and quickly.

That has happend to me too!
It is like someone drag my head trough my pillow, but I can’t feel anything dragging me down at the same time.

I haven’t experienced something like this one. But if I do WILD i feel like flying. :cool_laugh: