False Awakenings

Hi, new here, just a warning.

Last night, I had three false awakenings. All of them began with me waking up to my dad’s alarm clock, and him turning it off. The first time I went back to bed and thought nothing of it. Second time I got suspicious, did a reality check that failed, then went back to time. Third time though, I realized that it was a dream before I did the RC. I did the breathe through nose RC just to make sure, and what do you know? Still didn’t work. I thought what exactly was happening for a while, then decided to go back to bed because I was tired.

Anyway, I’m wondering if there’s a way to increase number of FAs? These seem to be more realistic and vivid, and I can actually use logic in them.

hello nullashton,
welcome to LD4all.

Increasing FAs? Trick yourself into thinking your alarm will go off?

sorry can’t be of much more help

Thanks for the welcome?
Alarms don’t wake me up anyway, I just sleep through them. Especially if I have it set that I’m going to try and dream after they wake me up… I’m going to try the VILD method tonight.

The only think i can think of to increase false awakenings is using autosuggestion.
But if I were you, I’d concentrate on turning the FAs your already having into LDs. This could be done by performing a reality check every time you go to bed or wake up. Then one day when you only dream of waking up, you might just turn a false awakeing into a real nice lucid dream :smile:

That’s what I want to do, turn FAs which most people seem to dislike, and turn them into lucid dreams.

Now i wonder, each time i have a FA not only it’s quite vivid and cohesive, but i have them each time i have either a LD or a pretty vivid dream.
My question is, Why would the brain trick us to believe that we woke up when we are just having another dream?

It’s not a trick, merely another dream. You’re just not aware of this, but this doesnt mean its a trick. It happens because often you expect to wake up, and you dream of what’s on your mind. If I were to increase FA’s for myself, I would invent some way to make myself think that I had to wake up (alarm, whatever).

Try reading all the way through the BIG FA topic to give yourself more FA’s - that can do the trick.

Wow, they actually have a TOPIC for this?

theres a topic for everything :wink: