Finally, a success!

[EDIT: this is my old ‘binaural beats if half deaf’ thread, I just edited the title because I can’t be bothered to make a new thread]

As the title suggests, I am half deaf (deaf in my right ear). I have only had 1 LD (by accident, but it was awesome :content: ), and am looking into using binaural beats and MILD to help me have more. However, I heard that binaural beats work by putting different frequencies into each ear, and was wondering if this means they won’t work for me. :sad:

Thanks in advance,
Czaranis.

probably no.

but you don’t need binaural beats, rather try some another techs like SSILD, i was successful at first try :smile:

Binaural beats are one of those things that I haven’t actually heard any great success stories for; I’ve only heard people calling it nothing more than a placebo.

That is to say, even if they don’t work for you because of your condition, you can learn to LD just fine without them! :smile:

Ok, thanks guys. I’ve been keeping a dream journal for the last few days, and I tried SSILD last night, but it didn’t work. I think it might have been because I took too long to get back to sleep afterwards, and was also interrupted by sneezing half way through. :ack: Anyways, I’ll keep trying, maybe start a DJ thread to let you know how it goes.

Czaranis

Binaural beats are more like brain entertainment rather than lucid supplements, so it probably won’t matter much since it almost never worked for lucid dreaming anyways.

Binaural beats help me meditate, which helps me get lucid easier, so they do help me, although indirectly and I don’t use them that often. There are isochronic waves, I think that’s what they’re called, which if I’m not mistaken are “better” and you don’t need stereo to use them (no idea how that would work, but in case you feel like doing some research :wink: ). As others have said, there are many other ways to LD, just keep trying!

and welcome :wave:

As the (new) title suggests, I have finally had a lucid dream! Basically, my dad was asking me to take a photo of a tree that had grown in the middle of the road, and I realised that the tree had a large eye on the trunk (a common dreamsign for me [eyes, not trees]), so I did a RC and realised I was dreaming! :lucid: Then the world tilted 90 degrees clockwise and I fell for a bit, and then woke up. :sad: A bit anticlimactic, but it was still a lucid dream, and my first one not induced by accident!

Czaranis

Congratulations! a LD is a LD! and they’ll get better. The 90° tilt seems interesting though!

Yeah, that was weird. I think it was probably because I had been thinking a lot about Inception lately, and one of my LD goals was actually to do that city-folding thing. :smile:

Czaranis

Congratulations Czaranis :happy:

And good luck on the rest of your journey :smile: