First atemp at my first LD

So today when I came back from school (half day), I went to take a nap for about 4 hours and after that I tried my first LD. I did not succeed :sad: I was laying relaxed completely still and watching the colors under my eye lids, I started to feel my hands going numb. I could literally not feel my hands and then I felt vibrations in my legs. I thought I was already in my dream so I stood up and did a reality check and found out that it wasn’t a dream (I felt pretty dumb). Any tips?

Moved from General Lucidness. :dragon:

Same thing here, takes ages and it takes lots of effort to control my dream self instead of my awake self. When I do the RC it just punches me in the face and I fully wake up.

Don’t feel dumb about RCing! :content:

I would highly recommend not using WILD until you have had at least one half-hour long LD using other methods, though.

Eh, take it easy, let’s take this from the beginning:
lucid dreaming involves a lot of preparation, you can’t just jump into a WILD attempt or whatever and expect instant results.
You need to build up a good foundation first - are you allowed to drive a car on your own just because “you know how you are supposed to do”?
No - you need to learn a lot of theory and take a lot of lessons first, and lucid dreaming should be approached more or less the same way.

Start with developing your dream recall first, so you can remember your lucid dreams in the first place - the best way to do this is to write down your dreams in as much detail as possible several days a week, until you can recall at least one detailed dream a night.
This is all about practice, just like everything else - just make sure you lie absolutely still with your eyes shut when you wake up, so you don’t distract yourself from your dream memories too much.
And you should also learn to become more aware about everything around you; ask yourself if you can prove to yourself that you are awake right now (how can you do that? try to prove that you are not dreaming right now) and basically develop a curious and questioning attitude to your surroundings.

Also, do you have any concrete goals?
“A lucid dream” is nothing specific, that’s like saying that you want to experience something in real life and strive for “a real-life experience” - what’s that?
It’s nothing; you need to have actual plans, so you have something to feel excited about.
There is also something called Prospective Memory, which in this case can mean that you find a common theme in your dreams and then learn to remember to make a Reality Check everytime you see that thing in real life, until you remember to do it in a dream later.
There are lots of ways to develop your lucid dreaming skills, but I would say that these things I just mentioned are particularly useful.

Read the book "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge; that book is a great kick-start for beginners, and it really stresses the importance of preparation.

I haven’t had any LDs yet, but as far as my dream recall goes I use WBTB and found a lot of help from a guide on this site, I can remember a dream in good detail most nights of the week.

Link to the guide - https://community.ld4all.com/t/tutorial-beginners-guide-to-lucid-dreaming/32036