First Steps to WILD part III (Basic WILD Q&A)

yeah i think im going to try WBTB tonight. I’ll tell you guys how it went in the morning :content:

Welcome !!! im curious how it went … :smile:
greets from sakoda

To be honest, you cannot do WILD while first going to bed at nigth- This tech is called Wake Induced Lucid Dream, so you’d have to go straight from being awake to dreaming, and since you, at night have to sleep through a Deep Sleep cycle before entering REM Sleep it’s more like MILD :wink:

WILD is, as has already been described, moving from the waking state into the dreaming state without losing consciousness.

It might take a while before you can figure out how to keep yourself at the right level of awareness and what the right level of awareness is exactly. :bored: It is also possible you might get lucky and stumble on the technique/s that work for you quickly (Although most people don’t). So it might take considerable time to figure out a successful technique for you.

This means that if you want an LD quickly you should probably try WILD a couple of times; if you don’t succeed try MILD. It is usually quicker to get an LD with MILD, but you won’t have the same amount of control over when the LD happens as you will with WILD.

Well I told you guys I’d tell you how it worked out…

I dont think I had a LD, :sad: because even though I cant remember my dream last night, When ever I have a LD I remember it. I will try WBTB again tonight unless u guys have a better technic like MILD. If so please tell me what it means :yinyang:

Here is a simple technique that can get you lucid. It is called FILD. If you want to know about please click on the word that says FILD.

Yeah it is probably good to try different techniques because they may be easier for you,. You CAN WILD when first going to sleep by manually getting yourself in the right REM state. thats all I have to say for now.

Hey KT4all,

I tried your technique last night and guesswhat… I had a LD! :grin:

I have finally found a tech. that works for me! :cheer:

In this dream I did the quest for this moon(resize youself :happy: )so if you want to know what happened in the LD you can go there and read my post :user:

That’s good to hear! :happy: told you it would be simple…
I’ll be sure to look at your post … could you give me a link?

1st log onto the forum. Then go UP to the little thing in yellow that says Quest for this Moon:Resize yourself :user: My post will be on the second page :content:

alright thanks i’ll read it

So I just tried to WILD and had some issues…

#1 Dry Mouth
#2 Swallowing

Both of these created a repeated distraction for me. Any advice?

Hmm, I’ve never had that problem before, but I have had distractions that kept me from trying the WILD, such as itchiness or some weird nagging feeling that I had to move my hand in another position. Maybe you should drink some water before trying WILD, and try not to think of swallowing or your mouth. Breathing from your nose and not your mouth can help. :smile:

I have always been unsuccessful with WILD. How do I get past the HI? I wait and wait, but I never see any HI images come up. I might see a few faint sparkles of color every now and then, but no pictures. How am I supposed to enter the WILD state, then? :neutral:

Hi ive been trying to wild for the past few nights now and the same thing keeps happening when i do.
I go to bed and relax myself and chant “Im dreaming 1, Im dreaming 2, etc” and i have also tried alot of other things.
I have also tried to look for HI, and bright lights and stuff like that, and this is where the problem starts. I dont know if its HI or just a black cloud behinde my eylids, So when this happens i continue chanting and try to think of a past dream i had or a dream i would like to have. I can feel my HANDS go tingaly and numb and thats all on a few occasions my feet felt a bit weird and on 1 occasion i could feel them get heavier and i new SP was finnaly kiking in this was all after about 30 mins - hr but everyime i happens its lasts for like a minute then gradualy dissapears and feels like i only just hoped into bed and nothing happens? Pleas help

sorry for not answering your questions… but i have little experience with WILD :meh:
anyway… i would like to know some details about WILD… until now i didn’t use WILD but i want to try it so i ask…
i understand everything until SP… well you try to stay awake while your body falls asleep and when that happens SP occurs und what next?
and the other thing is that i can’t imagine being awake in the dream if i’m not even really awake in reality… well i mean… if you wake up at night you are pretty tired and then you try WILD… but i can’t imagine being then awake in my LD ~.~
so can you please tell me something about it?

Ive been trying to WILD the past couple of nights as well and I’ve met the same difficulties as Bilzo described:

Could someone please help me (and Bilzo) with this problem?

Maybe you concentrate too much your attention on you body parts. Do not.
You must focus on the images you can see in your mind.
The more you focus on your body, the more you will have difficulties to fall asleep consciously.

I´ve read someone saying that counting to 400 would induce WILD, but he always sleeps or get bored in the middle
so, once I have some trouble sleeping sometimes, I though: well, I´ll just count to 400 If I have a LD, good, If I don´t ,good also cuz Ill sleep anyway…
what indeed happened was quite different… I started counting…
1-300 just relaxed
300-400 started feeling something weird, then opened my eyes
well, I wasn´t dreaming so I tried again but 500 this time
1-100 relaxing
100-400 I started to get that feeling again… it´s a feeling I´m VERY used to, but just can´t remember when I felt it… that sounds paradoxical…
400-500 thought I was dreaming, so started moving… but i wasn´t…

so here I go again
1-400 a little of the feeling
400-1300 nothing, and I started going crazy and couldn´t sleep

once this was on the evening, I went to my yoga normally, but had some pain in my eyes
at night, I tried again, and counted to 1700… I felt a little of that sensation… but after it I wasn´t paralyzed … and I couldn´t sleep … it was frustrating and uncomfortable

anyone knows how can I overcome this?

I’ve been trying to WILD for the past week with little success. I have two major problems. The first being that I don’t see any HI. That generates from the fact that I’m not completely sure I’m in SP. You see, my body goes numb, and I know that’s not SP. But then I get this definite feeling that I know something is different, but I can still move if I really wanted too. Then, I try to concentrate on the strange colors I see behind my eyelids, but every time I try to look at them for longer than a few minutes, they disappear, and I have never gotten anything near “images.”

The second is something that really helps me in everyday sleeping, but has become quite bothersome in the past few weeks of attempting to LD. I fall asleep fast. Not exaggerating, if I try to sleep, it takes me 10 seconds tops. Because of this, I have to work to keep myself consciously awake. I think this might be interfering with my WILDing, but I’m not sure, because I don’t keep myself too awake.

In any case, I still have no idea how to get my HI (if it is in face HI) clearer. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :woo:

princerocker … since you go to sleep so fast WILD is definitely the method for you.
The problem may be that you are focusing too much … you have to casually observe them.

may be try something slightly different … if you are good at visualising something maybe visualising your own object while doing WILD or even doing VILD may work better.

full topic → link to archive topic
and
Vild link - Visually Incubated Lucid Dream - Dreamer incubates a specific dream setting in which he/she will do a R.C and then become lucid