First time lucid - some problems

Last night I became lucid for the first time wich was kinda weird, because I haven’t tried it for a long time and it just happened. Maybe it’s because I look in the mirror a lot more times lately.

This was also the reason why I knew I was dreaming. My face was looking like somebody elses.

Enough for the experience stuff, onto the problems.

When I became lucid, the first thing I thought about was flying. It worked, immideately I got into the air (as far as it was possible, I was inside my own room which looked not like mine at all). The problem was that I started spinning and almost stopped dreaming.

Later in that dream I tried to aim at something but lost control again (I still was lucid, but started spinning again). This time I tried to stand still and stopped dreaming.

Is the only reason for the spinning falling out of the dream, or is it just one of the things that happen in lucid dreams? How do you control this kind of things?

The other thing I noticed was that there was a huge amount of pressure on my shoulders in the dream. I even still felt it when I awoke, but it was gone pretty soon. Is it possible that this was caused by the position which I was sleeping in? (resting against the wall laying down on my side)

I also discovered that it was very easy to leave a room and go into another just by thinking of it, which was very nice :grin: .

Sorry if my english is bad, it’s not my foreign language.

Hey Tazzy, welcome to the forum, and congrats on your LD!

About your questions. Spinning might cause the dream to fade, but for a lot of people it is the other way around, spinning can actually cause the dream to be more vivid and less likely to end. However since you said you just started LD-ing, it is very likely that the “falling out of the dream” is caused by the mere fact that you’re new to it. Seems to happen a lot for starters, the more you have LD’s, the longer and more stable they will become. So control will come with more experience! And yes, the pressure feeling could have very well have been caused by your sleeping position. In some of my LD’s im fully aware of my physical body, and discomfort can prematurely end a LD sometimes (for example, once I slept on my arm and it had too little blood and I woke up).

Good luck with your upcomming LD’s :smile: