First WILD!!!!!!!!!!

WOW.

I had my first WILD last night and it was absolutely amazing. I woke up in the middle of the night and decided to try WILD. I didn’t want to get up, because moving around keeps me far too awake to fall asleep again. So I simply lay in bed for a while with my eyes wide open, thinking.

After a while, I rolled over onto my side (how I normally sleep) and closed my eyes. I actually didn’t use any techniques, I just lay there. Then suddenly I was in a dream!

The whole process was actually a lot shorter than most people describe. All I did was lie there, thinking. I wasn’t even thinking about SP, until suddenly I realized that I couldn’t move. My body started vibrating madly, and I could see random pictures flashing in front of my eyes. I was a little scared so I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn’t move. Then the reality hit me: I was so close to an LD!

So I used Nick Newport’s dream exit method called gravity press and turn (lucidology.com/blog/105/lucid-dream-exit- methods/). I felt my dream body sliding away from my actual body. I opened my eyes and did a RC, and I was dreaming!!!

The actual dream didn’t last more than a few seconds, but I think that was because I didn’t know what to do in the dream. I didn’t have any dream goals; my only goal was to have a WILD. But that’s okay, because I did what I wanted to, and got a WILD!!!

My question is, does it get any easier from here? Is it more if a ‘practice makes perfect’ kind of thing or a ‘luck’ thing? Also, I didn’t really use a technique here, so I’m curious if my WILD was based a little on luck.

I normally can fall asleep in like five minutes, and I think that has something to fdo with my success. In my previous attempts, I got up and walked around, and when it came time to WILD I used a technique like counting. These techniques kept me awake so that it was almost impossible to fall asleep again. This time, I merely woke myself up for a few minutes, then went back to sleep using no technique at all.This alllowed me to fall asleep at normal speed, and I a WILD within the first 5-10 minutes… literally!

First of all: congrats!

About things getting easier. What you need to do is find out how aware you need to be in order to enter a dream when you fall asleep. You don’t NEED to use any elaborate technique for WILD. As drow put it in a recent topic of his, WILD is just doing two things at the same time: fall asleep and stay aware.

I would suggest that you experiment with trying to WILD on your side, if you sleep like that normally.

I actually had a WILD last night that lasted about ten to fifteen seconds. I didn’t really intend to, but all of a sudden I noticed that I was falling asleep and I was still aware. I’ve had a few successful ones, so I knew what was coming. I tried to alter the scene to a sort of forest/nature place to enter the dream, but it didn’t work and I ended up in my room, feeling very dizzy and disoriented.

For a minute I even thought that I was awake, but a reality check confirmed that I was dreaming. I woke up soon after.

So, really, just try to fall asleep normally while maintaining a low level of awareness. During my first WILD attempt I lay awake for 90 minutes before anything happened and that attempt failed. My first success (with a long dream resulting from the process) was just like yours. No real intention, just noticed that I was falling asleep, and entered a dream.

To answer your question: it will get easier if you can figure out how to maintain awareness as you fall asleep. For me personally, doing things like counting etc just keep me awake too much. You only need to be aware at the moment you fall asleep, not for several minutes (or hours) beforehand. Just keep that in mind. And good luck! :smile:

What a coincidence! In my dream, the same thing kind of happened, except for I was WILDing intentionally. I wanted to end up in a foresty place, but I actually ended up in my dark bedroom. And I wondered if I was awake, but a RC proved me wrong. :content:

Hey, cool! Congratulations :smile:

My successful WILD’s are like that too. Keeping your eyes open a bit before trying helps me too keep some awareness and not fall asleep completely. Trying to change the scene as it is forming is a bit risky since the dream tends to be a bit sensitive then.

What I usually do is I’ll just watch the random images passively until I feel like I can move my arms and hands in the dream. Then I move them slowly and rub them together. I keep rubbing until the rest gets stable and then I start thinking about other things to do.

For me there always luck involved hahahb but don’t worry about that and just keep trying. You will probably fail a few more times but you will start having more and more success. :grin:

Congrats!!!

I find that all my successful WILDs are just like yours: short and straight-to-the-point. If it takes a very long time, I just get frustrated and confused and either give up or fall asleep. WILDs are not hard. They’re actually very easy…if you do them right. And, it seems like you did it right that time! Good job!

Congrats, you have conquered the hardest technigue there is.

Now you have done it once you can do it again and then you can be a lucidity master.

Thanks, guys. :smile:

I’m so excited, because I’ve been attempting this for so long. I’ve spent so long reading about other people’s success and feeling sooo jealous. Now that I’ve done it, it feels almost unreal!

I think what really helped me was reading this forum post: https://community.ld4all.com/t/how-to-wild-properly-and-effectively/33747

Read it. It’s useful, and you can believe it because I used it to have my first WILD. :razz:

Funny, I read that topic two days ago, and using the technique, I’ve had WILD’s with it as well. Congratz on your first WILD, and I hope that topic helps others as well.

GRATS!! im very jealous ive been trying for a few days now and ive stayed up for 2 hours on attempts and fallen asleep on attempts so im working on that awarness balance.