Getting back into the game (of Lucid Dreaming)

Here we go

I am very passionate on this subject and am glad to find out motivation is a key in our success…

Introduction
Hey room, My name is Zack Symes, a.k.a TriP, a.k.a Mad Hatter. A local Music producer and Hip-Hop head. When I was younger, roughly 13-14, I experienced a series of intense lucid dreams that dramatically altered my perception on a variety of things and issues. Now, at the age of 19, I have become deeply religious and spiritual in the past years and am back to tackle subject in a whole new light.

Experience
After researching the topic for a couple days I have deduced that I had indeed been using the WILD method, convincing myself to dream a certain topic and seem to float right into that state of mind. On numerous occasions I experienced what i was told was a “reality check”. For example, one time I had skipped a grade in school noticing this, questioning am I dreaming… and well obviously was. Another time I went back to school, already have graduated, and tried to convince my peers we do not to do the work, and that we were all dreaming. Following that, was the time I realized me and all my friends we’re at the wrong school.

School seems to be recurring dream sign. I would figure it is because during those years of lucid dreams school was what I knew best, thus making it easier to discern reality from dreaming while attending.

Moral Values and Overall Outlook
I am now a devout Christian, but not an intolerable Bible beater. More spiritual than church going. According to Christian theology Lucifer had convinced 1/3 of the Angels to join him the revolution against God. Theologians find parallels between many things that occur in the physical realm, such as nature and natural laws, and religion… all the way back to ancient philosophy and polytheism.

I believe that Lucid dreams are God (Spirit, Universal Intelligence, Mother Nature etc.) intended. Dreams may very well be the bridge used to gap the area between us and our higher power.

Basically
Now I am looking for advice and techniques to increase my success. Share experiences and dreams. Anything… I am keeping a digital dream journal. Second night I had my first sign of improvement by being able to recall one of the nights dreams, not lucid however. I used a paint program to design well, for a lack of a better term, a Dreamland. That if I found myself in I would be able to discover lucidity by realizing the obvious, “I created this already before.” Let me know what you guys recommend. What’s up… I’m back

Topic title changed to “Getting back into the game (of Lucid Dreaming)” to from “I’ve been gone for a while, now I’m back…” to avoid confusion with the The generic “I’m Back!” topic IX :dragon:

This may be some offbeat advice, but it has helped me quite a bit.
When keeping your dream journal, make sure to review it regularly, maybe dividing into weekly sections to help identify dreamsigns.
Every week I go over everything I wrote down and pick out the most frequent people, places, or events and do RC’s whenever I encounter them.
Best of luck and welcome back!

Hey everyone,

I have to confess, I haven’t had an actual “lucid” dream in a LONG time now… I’m talking months! Not even a short one! I’ve only managed to have a few realistic dreams, but lately I’m thinking I want to get back into actually TRYING to have Lucid Dreams…

I stopped trying, which means I no longer:

• Record my dreams (dream journal/or even quick notes)
  • Practice any method such as WBTB/WILD/MILD
  • Do reality checks

My reason? Well Lucid Dreaming turned into a chore rather than a pleasure… I had to put a lot of time into getting a Lucid Dream, and now they sort of just don’t happen so eventually I gave up to pursue spending my time on “waking life” things. I know, ridiculous? :razz:

I find that doing Reality Checks doesn’t work for me. I believe my mind has become accustomed to them, so it lost its effect. When I’m sleeping I would have done them as if I was awake - I never pick up on the dream signs, doing a reality check in my dream has no effect.

I’m looking to get “back into the game” (of Lucid Dreaming), anyone care to :help: me? My plan of action so far is:

1). Leave my little notebook under my bed, so when I wake up first thing I will pick it up and write down everything and anything I can recall from my dream.
2). Start some reality checks (though I don’t think they will have any effect, so I’m curious if I should even bother)
3). Attempt WILD? I feel if I could just managed to do WILD ONCE then I could do it again… gah, but it’s so tricky, I always fall asleep.
4). Your step/advice here~ or insert above, rearrange order, etc.

Thanks for reading :peek: - I’m off to bed :wink:

Well, that happened once to me, because of the fatigue effect that WBTB had on me, so I understand what you are going through. WILD will probably take a while to start really working so in the mean time I suggest using MILD, because it has shown the most results for me. And of course you need to start once again recording your dreams down, lucid or not, doing reality checks, and you have to be persistent and most importantly of all; [i] believe [i/] that you can lucid dream, because thats what brought me back from my LD dry spell, instead of just quitting all around. Good luck, and I hope that you will have a LD soon!
Good Luck, The Luciddator

I am sorry to hijack this thread, but I am in the same boat and didn’t want to start a new thread.

I randomly RC’d in a dream but didn’t take it any further. I decided to try to get back into lucid dreaming after a long break.

I am going out and buying a new dream journal today as I lost my other one.
I randomly stumbled across a medium/psychic and she gave me a henna tatoo of “RC” on my arm. It really helps me remember to RC.
I ordered 4 ounces of Calea Z today, and will type up my experiences if anybody would like to hear them.
I am leaving on a trip on Friday, but I am hoping I can continue pursuing my dreams over in Vietnam. (If anybody is interested in travel stories or pictures, I have a lot of interesting things to share. I don’t ever tell anybody about this, because I feel like I am bragging, but I am reinventing myself right now, so what the hell. I have traveled to all 7 continents, if anybody would like to hear about that, please let me know, I would love to chat)

Its a good idea to continue your journey in lucid dreaming Bones. :grin:

It seems that a lot of people have this problem, and all you really need to do to fix it is to practice and practice and after a couple weeks of doing numerous reality checks (it least 6-8 a day) you should get some results. I would love to hear your stories of all of the places you have traveled, just PM me.
The Luciddator

Thanks luciddator, I really need to believe it will happen!

Bones, goodluck with your mission! Interesting… what is Calea Z?
We have a BIG Calea zacatechichi topic

I want to buy some Vitamin b6 but the packs all say “relief of premenstrual symptoms”, so it might be weird if I bought that :neutral:.

Anyway, this morning I jotted down what I could remember from my dreams, and after falling back to sleep for a short 30 minutes of sleep time, I was Lucid - enough to “mold/change” the faces of a couple of people I know for fun… it was pretty realistic too. It was too short though, I need one where I can explore around and have some serious fun! I want to go flying and walk on water :’(…

same for me, im also restarting my LDing these days… but ive never had a lucid dream before, except for a few in my childhood ic can barely remember.

for me personalyy, the hadest part about WBTB and WILD is not to get too tired oder be too sleepy. im not able to concentrate. but ill keep up the work and try to rearrange my sleeptime a little.

what times do you sleep and get up? :confused:

i was in the same boat as you fellows. i lost my inspiration to LD a few months ago, forgot about it completely, then rekindled my interest. actually thats one of the reasons why i joined here; so i keep remembering to not give up. and going on here helps me to reality check too :happy:

I’m where you are as well.

Take a nap once a day, maybe after eating lunch. That’ll be your best bet for becoming lucid. Other than that, keep the journal, and perform WBTBs.