Getting lucid

Hi, I’m quite new here, although I’ve examined the excellent LD4All guide quite some time ago. When I first heard about LD-ing, I decided to give it a try. I never had a lucid dream before, although I often remember my own dreams and have no problem sleeping.

I tried WILD, but I never made much progress. The peak of my quest for lucidity was last year, when I was closest to falling asleep while staying conscious (also using WILD). I felt strangely, like I was starting to drift, so I thought, this is it! And of course, I got so excited and woke back up blowing away my best chance to become lucid.

I never made it back to that level, and my WILD-ing never worked since, that was the closest point to an LD I ever visited.
In addition, my dreamworlds vary, and I am sure I have a collection of at least five interesting worlds I visit. Reality checks don’t work for me at all (at least I think so). While thinking about dreams I had, I often remember some details that obviously and undeniably indicate that I am not in a real world, but I never consider them suspicious while dreaming!
I tried to write a DJ a few times, but I haven’t done that for some while now, although I know it is very helpful.

I’d really like to become lucid, so please… :help:

Edit: There is probably a topic about this already on this forum, but I couldn’t find it…

hello and welcome :wave:

a DJ can really help, specially one online where people can comment and keep you motivated (I just learned that a few weeks ago myself :wink: )and comming to ld4all and posting too! really, it keeps your mind more in “dream mode”.

The tricks with RC is to find one that works for you and learn how to really question yourself. I do the pinch your nose one. It didn’t work for some time with me but now I do like this: I take a breath through my nose, paying attention to how it feels, then I pinch my nose and try to do the exact same thing, and try to expect the same result.

WILD can be tricky :sad: wat time did you do it? it’s best after a few hour of sleep. and have you tried MILD or FILD? MILD has given me pretty good results.

If you keep practicing you will get lucid, I tell you! :grin:

There is only one reason why RCs fail with some people.

They don’t do them right.They just do them without thinking about them.
You MUST expect that they will work(indicating that you are dreaming), even if you are 100% sure that you are awake.

And you will do the RC in the dream that way too.You expect it to fail.You want it to fail.

WILD works best in the morning(for most people).
And you have to be RELAXED.relax, do the relaxation exercise.

Also try WBTB, FILD, MILD…

Thanks for the tips. I tried to do an RC where I try to look through my hands, but I never managed to repeat it during the day, I completely forgot about it.

I always WILD-ed at night, when I was going to sleep. I suppose you have to be sleepy in order to do it, right? I’m not sleepy in the morning, usually. Whenever i WILD-ed, i did the relaxation exercise.

Btw, what is FILD? I don’t think I’m familiar with it…

Use the power of search.
It should be somewhere in the knowledge base.

Anyway, just try to WILD in the morning, after few hours of sleep.

here’s FILD. :smile:

the original topic is here. :good:

Well, I really can’t fall asleep again in the morning, unless I wake up really early, but I can try waking up in the middle of the night…
This FILD sounds great, I’ll certainly try that. I heard a suggestion to try to move my fingers all the time while WILD-ing to help keep concious, but that didn’t work, it only kept me awake.