Has anyone tried Calea zacatechichi ?I heard it helps w/LDs

I smoked my calea in a water pipe. I’m not sure if it filters out the good stuff or not but it makes the smoke easier on my throat. I haven’t gotten it to work very often but when it did it was really cool. It was like my dreams took on a constant vividness so there weren’t parts that were vague, I could remember the whole dream. Also time seemed to be slowed down so when I woke up I would think I had slept in late but I really had like 5 more hours to sleep. I smoked it for a long time when I first got my water pipe and eventually I started to get body aches from it, I’m not sure why. It’s been a while though so I’m willing to try it again.

Thanks Aydira for that helpful info. I smoked Calea for one night with no results, but I believe it takes a little time to build up within the system. I remember when I first smoked a joint of weed, I got absolutely nothing from it.

:smile: My friend suggested I smoke another joint so I did. It knocked me on my ass and was super fantastic. So maybe Calea is similar and takes time to build up in the system to be effective. :smile:

Well all, I believe I have a progress report to tell. I have been experimenting with Calea and smoking it during the day. I have found that a water pipe filters out most of the harsh tars and does not filter out the active ingredient which produces vivid dreams.

For those of you who do not know how to make a water pipe, allow me to explain it. You will need a small soda bottle, (glass or plastic), a piece of quarter inch polyethelene clear plastic tubing, (about two feet which is sold at most hardware stores for very little money, maybe ten cents a foot), a small piece of cotton, and some packing tape.

Cut the tubing so one piece is about ten inches long and another is about six. Discard the excess. Fill the bottle half way with clean cold water. Place the longer piece into the soda bottle so that it almost touches the bottom of the bottle and extends over the neck of the bottle by about four inches or so.

Take the smaller piece and place it into the bottle so that it extends above the water level about two or three inches but so that the other end also extends about four inches over the neck of the bottle.

These measurements need not be exact but should be reasonably close.Stick the cotton into the bottle opening and seal it with a piece of tape. Place the calea cigarette into the smaller tube extension and inhale through the other tube. That’s it. Enjoy the good smoke without the harshness or harm to your lungs. :smile:

Calea is similar to Melatonin in the sense that the body after a while adjusts to it and it no longer is effective for dream recall. So the bottom line is that you cannot depend on it to work everytime. Maybe one has to abstain from it to allow the system to clean out and then start over again. Frustrating . :bored:

I’m going to get some from iamshaman.com. Did you guys get the regular, or 10x extract? Can you even smoke the 10x extract (in joint form)?

I tried Calea tonight. It hans’t helped my dream recall very much but I KNOW that I have had 5000000 dreams tonight even though I cannot remember any of them.

Vae… I found that the only way it has been effective for me was drinking tea made from the leaf at bed time. I think the hot liquid helps the active components be absorbed into your system. The quality of the leaf is also important. The more fresh the better. As far as teh 10x goes, I don’t think the results are worth the money… that stuff is expensive is it not?

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I guess I’m forced to try the tea. I’ll tell my tastebuds the bad news tomorrow night. :tongue:

Well, a gram of it is slightly less expensive than an ounce of regular, so yeah (but I already got it anyway, because you only live once, hehe). I plan on trying to grind it and put it in gel caps or something.

Well, thanks, I guess I’ll be getting some Mentos then.

So this is a hallucinogenic drug?

Has anyone tried going to sleep for 5 hours, waking up and smoking calea,
and then going back to sleep?

I just have two questions about Calea Zacatechichi.
(In case it matters I’m going to try it in a tea.)

1. Are there any side effects detrimental to your health

2. Where can you buy it.

1. perhaps if you smoke it, otherwise I’d say no (but the tea tastes horrible!)…

2. Search online herb shops…

I think you just werent inhaling the weed right because most feel it the 1st time and those that dont just didnt inhale right. I’d like to see some source saying that weed does take a couple times for your body to have it work but i really doubt it.

anyway, i had some calea pills i ordered from iamshaman, had 6 pills and took two 3 times. Every time i had very vivid dreams. Also i currently have some 10x leaf that i ordered with the pills that i havent tried yet. So this week Ill play around with it and let you guys know how it works.
lucidiousdremacious: I will try WBTB and as im awake smoke some 10x then read some about LDing and go back to bed sometime.

the first time I smoked weed i hardly felt a thing. and I knew how to inhale smoke. the 2nd time was the same way, and finally the 3rd time i got high.

I am also wanting to get some of this herb. I am thinking about ordering an ounce very soon. I have read a lot of great things about it. I want to have some tea brewed for when I WBTB, and then smoke a little bit of it and go back to sleep.

It is illegal here in norway, like any other herb slightly stimulating or similar. I just love this damn country… :X

Just wondering if anyone out there has tried Calea and how it effected them. Also, how is it supposed to be consumed and how much?

Calea zacatechichi sounds interesting, but I better not risk it. I’m not comfortable with ordering from sites that stock exotic hallucinogens and such. I don’t feel like being surveiled by the government.

where can I find it?

For all you that want info, check The Calea zacatechichi Vault on Erowid.

I have tried it and it works like a charm to increase dream vividness. It does not however give automatic LD’s … too bad :razz:

Calea is great stuff but the infusion is INCREDIBLY disgusting. Even the scent of it gives me a gag reflex.