Has anyone tried Calea zacatechichi ?I heard it helps w/LDs

Paul- If it tasted good to you, you got the wrong thing. I cannot drink the tea because it will make me gag almost. In fact, I always brew a cup thinking, how bad could it really be? And later have an unfinished cup of tea on my counter.

To anyone that is sketched out about buying this stuff online because they fear they will get ads for “Mushrooms and marijuana”… thats silly. I wish I got those ads, but the notion that they would do this is absolutely ridiculous.

Plus if your afraid to get on a government surveillance list because you bought this stuff… It really does not matter. Your probably already being watched for no reason.

I have ingested pills, in resin form and in normal leaf form. I have smoked a J of calea mixed with a bunch of other dreaming herbs, and I have tried to down the tea. I respect this plant and I think it has a lot to offer.

I do want to know. Has anyone tried smoking this stuff out of a bong? Like salvia, weed, whatever, bongs always have a more intense effect, so I would assume like 4 big bowls of this stuff out of a bong would have a more powerful effect…

What are the effects of this plant?

While you are awake it is really not potent at all. In fact, you barely feel any effects. Keep in mind, I am sort of experienced with a few hallucinogens, so it could just be my general tolerance to these types of drugs.

The first time I tried it, I took about four large sized pills of resin. I laid down on my floor and listened to music and closed my eyes. If I concentrated hard enough, I could swear that I could see my room with my eyes closed. It was a crazy feeling, as though I could see through my eye lids. On the same note, this won’t really trip you out or anything, and its something nobody would use as a recreational drug.

In dream time it produces crazy dreams… That’s about all you need to know. I could not really see it being addictive, so don’t worry about that. And honestly, go ahead and operate a motor vehicle or heavy machinery, because if you are looking for a high, don’t look here.

I went out and looked around at some local holistic health stores, and found this tea, its called lucid dream tea, and its only ingredient is Sweet Gale, i cant seem to find any good info on it, even from wikipedia :confused:

well, im a sucker for stuff like that, so i bought it

im going to try it out and see what it does… it says

“Hand picked by canoe in the algonquin wilderness, sweet gale is a light flavourful herbal tea which is said to enable one to have more memorable dreams. To remember your dreams, or to dream with others. Lucid Dream Tea is not a sedative but has an immediate calming effect.”

well, im curious, ill post how it turns out

Tea containing Caela is said to be the best “dream herb” but that is hard to find in your local healt store.
Mint tea is said to generate more vivid dreams if you drink it about an hour before bedtime…the fact is that i have a mint plant at home…might try to chew some leafs before i go to bed… :happy:

I will try the mint tea thing. If I actually get around to doing it I will report back. I don’t really think there is one certain thing that can give you LD’s but they might make your dreams more vivid so you can see the obvious dream signs.

hehe Im realy curious about that, pls post the results!

Sweet Gale is a deciduous, low growing and bushy shrub also known as English bog myrtle, bayberry or Dutch myrtle. A picture can be found here. It grows in very wet areas, along streams and rivers and in raised bogs. The bark is used to tan calfskins; if gathered in autumn, it will dye wool a good yellow colour and is used for this purpose in Sweden and Wales. In China, the leaves are infused like tea, and used as a stomachic and cordial. It was used in Northwestern Europe as a flavouring for beer before hops became widely available. There is an aromatic resin contained in the leaves and nutlets of the plant, which some sources have cited poisionus in large doses, but much of the information I’ve gathered makes no mention of the plant’s toxicity. One site stated that an overdose could result in digestive or nervous system disorders. :eek: So watch out with that Sweet Gale, buddy! Don’t drink too much, or not at all! I have not heard anything that would indicate Sweet Gale has any sort of psychoactive properties.

I chewed a handful of mint leafs before i went to bed yesterday. I noticed some increase of clarity in my dreams (i recalled 2) and they were quite vivid. I never got lucid tho, I better practice my RC more. It was strage tho becouse there were some REALLY obvious dream signs.

For instance, I dreamed that i was dead…but I was another Me. Like i was a clone of my self and the original me was dead. And i actually saw my dead body lying under some cardboard boxes (I recently moved).

Wierd. I will try it again tonight with some more mint leafs.

hmm, i could make my own mint tea, i have mint growing in my back yard! i tried the sweet gale tea, my dreams were a bit more vivid and i could remember my dreams a bit more. On the toxicity side of things… alot of stuff is bad for you these days… smoking, drinking, living on a planet near a sun, by living, you are dying… lol, but i will look into the sweet gale to try and figure out if it is toxic or not before i have more…

and does anybody know where to find this calea z? does it come as a tea already? or do you have to make the tea yourself. i live in canada, and im sure that i couldnt grow it myself here, climate isnt right.

and is it the psychoactive properties of a substance that increase dream vividness and enhance dream recall? if so, does that mean that vitamin b6 is some sort of psychedelic vitamin? im sure that there are other things than psychoactive stuff that helps out.

The term psychoactive simply means that the indicated substance acts on the central nervous system to produce changes in mood, perception, consciousness, and behavior. A psychoactive substance is simply one that alters brain function, and I would think that altering anything related to dreams is altering brain function. A psychoactive is not nessacarily something that produces great perceptual change, like cannabis or LSD.

I am going to chew a pack of Wrigley’s before bed tonight.

:lol:
I think that will just give you more vivid cavities

:rofl:

oh i see it has a psychological effect :happy:

I hade some mint leafs yesterday. No real effect tho. I can only remember bits and pieces of last nights dreams. I will try a higher dose tonight.

Now im just chewing the leafs straight from the plant. Maybe drying them (and/or making tea from them) will have a better effect.

Herbal tea is, at least, a good way to calm down and get ready for sleep. I have mint growing in my garden and make tea from it often. Since only a few plants contain caffeine, most herbal tea is caffeine free, and will not destroy sleep. Hot herbal tea makes me warm and relaxed, and is often the last thing i drink before sleeping :cool:

WOW everyone I have a new tech. I call it mgild or Mint Gum Induced Lucid Dream. It works 100% of the time.

lol, what is it about mint that makes it good? other than its tastiness

[and does anybody know where to find this calea z? does it come as a tea already? or do you have to make the tea yourself. i live in canada, and im sure that i couldnt grow it myself here, climate isnt right.

I just ordered an oz. of it from an internet company, tho I cant 4 the life of me figure out WHO it was (I threw away packaging.). Here’s what I saved from their email order confirmation:

ITEM NUMBER ITEM NAME ITEM OPTIONS QTY PRICE UNIT SUBTOTAL
EBL_CZ_1OZ Calea zacatechichi dream herb 1 ounce None. 1 $12.15 $12.15

It came right away. It’s chopped-up leaves, stems & seeds. I havent tried it yet, but 12 bucks for an ounce seem reasonable. I’ll post when I try it.

• everJack (he said in a Hungarian-Notational kind of way.)

mint tea really helped me touch a place of deep meditation stillness that is very rare for me to go to

i vouch for THAT may have to drink some to-night.