Have any of you died in your lucid dreams?

Ive had several…i wake up after most of them, but if I can then I stay dreaming and just change what happened or bring myself back to life. I dont think about them too much.

around 3 days ago i died… being a true christian i saw the lord, Jesus to the right, and the angel of Gabriel to the left… it was really inspiring to me…

Had about 2 dreams where I died. one was when I was like 5 or 6, was playing this extreme tag where you used an axe. My cousin was “it” and he hit me on the back. I felt this weird numbing paralyzing sensation on my entire spine as I fell to the ground. But I was resurrected and became “it”. Another dream was recent about 2-3 months ago I believe. I was in this battle fighting, and an enemy took a sword from my hand and sliced my throat, punched me in the stomach and left me on the ground to die. It was weird though because I was hoping to die to see what it will happen after death and I kept constantly looking at my hands. Everything went black and I woke up.

I die kinda like in Motorstorm. One time, in the dream world, I was in a race and zombies caught me. The camera panned into 3rd person and there was a white flash. Then I was back in 1rst person view and back in the race.

I also died, waited for 3 beeps, then I was back. Then a mongoose ran me over. In between was the same as Motorstorm.

In one of my dreams, the human race had been taken over by apes and I was trapped in this prison made of stone and vines. I was at the top of the prison about to make an escape and then I turn and see an ape with a shotgun aiming right at me and then it pulled the trigger. The dream ended and a new one began. This was a non lucid btw.

Hmmm, I don’t think I’ve ever died in a LD, seeing as usually I can’t get hurt in them :razz: but I have died a few times in ND’s. Once I just woke up and another time I came back as a ghost.

Nop! But I get interested now! kkkkk

The terminology is a bit missleading here.

Fact is you cannot really die in a dream unless you die IRL.

Waking up I guess can be considered the death of that dream and your avatar in that dream, and then reentering would be ressurection.
It’s all wordplay though.

Point is have I ever dreamed of deathlike experiences? Oh yeah, been to heaven and hell, the underworld, valhalla, and so on too. Always fun.

Um, I don’t feel terminology has a play here. I feel it is all according to your faith and what you believe, as well as the limit of your imagination. Granted, I don’t remember experiencing death, or a death-like state in my dreams, but the human imagination and faith are very powerful devices. In a dream, one can create any scenario one desires. I’ve built a tower out of legos to save digimon from aliens, braved a tank battle (without a tank) to have an argument with a girl I crushed on in high school, and slept with my stepmother on the Titanic, all without physically experiencing any of those events.

My point is, you don’t have to actually experience a moment of death and afterlife for your mind to create an experience for you for your dreams.

i just randomly remembered part of a dream were i died. imagine you play a hard intense video game and you’ve logged 15+ days in it and your great have great items and you are respected but one day you die. the feeling in your gut is what i remember but i also remember my eyes closing but not black but grey.

sorry if a little odd

No but it would help :smile:

Yes. Last night, I had a normal dream, not a lucid dream. In one section, I was Cedric Diggory from HP4. When Pettigrew came to kill me and I saw the usual bright green flash the killing curse brings, I died, but came back, just like in LEGO Harry Potter, when you get killed. I was seeing it from 3rd person, and everyone was in lego form. The dream changed shortly after coming back.

yeah.only once.i was lucid, and i wanted to know like,how does it feel to jump off a clip?
so did it.it feels like… well,i cant even describe it.it’s awkward :razz:

I’ve never had a fully lucid dream. I have died in semi-lucid dreams, however. I don’t recall how I died but in one dream, after dying, I was watching my body. There was complete silence.

I’ve read some of the others and it seems like most of us I was high up then fell. In my case I was low flying through a cityscape and fell. Then one of the tall buildings landed on me squishing me further. I slipped out of my dream body and rose up and looked down on my dream body. I was more curious then anything else. I rose to semi-conscience and inspected my dead dream body and made sure I (phsically) alive- checking my real vitals so to speak. I was more interested in the fact that it had happened and I was alive then the actual dying! I could have continued the dream but I didn’t feel like there was a point. I was just glad the old wives tale wasn’t true!

[mod]Quote fixed. :mattias:[/mod]

I died in a ND once.I was a DO and looking my grave from the top.It was years ago so I only remember that.
I died in a LD too , once.When I figure out I am dreaming I was excited and running in the beach.Then my SC appeared and stabbed me with a knife.When I woke up , my stomach was bleeding and it was a pain I didn’t see before.Nah I’m joking I just woke up :smile:

as far as im hearing dieing in a dream means your waking up :meh: i never died in a LD but i got shot in a LD. at that time i was playing much GTA and that caused the deram. Me and a other friend were having a gun fight against 2 other guys i know. I got shot by one of them and i felt blood dripping against my leg. but when i woke up it was actually the wooden edge of my bed that was really cold.

I think I died tonight (non-lucid). I got hit by a train. Everything turned black and thoughts stopped. Eventually I ended up in the same dream again with no memory of how just as how you never remember how dreams begin.

Sound silly, but I never die in dreams. Ever. Like I’m not able to. I got shot, stabbed numerous times. If I jump down from a ledge, I actually hit the ground. Not long ago I had a dream when I was walking past these high buildings on my way home, when masked gi-joe cobra-like soldiers apeeared at each windows and they opened fire at me with their machine guns. I felt the bullets as slight tickles. Then I faked death for them to actually stop shooting already and when they’re gone I got up.
There were even some cases when atomic bombs were dropped. The clouds were quite a sight when I standed next to it. Actually it looked and sounded amazing but really scary at the same time.