Hello (setting the alarm for right time)

hello everyone. i set an alarm for 5.45 (i went to sleep at 12.45) and i woke up rather annoyingly at 5.44 (which kinda happens with me, i wake up a minute before my alarm goes off). now i cant get to sleep! its soo annoying.
anyway how do i make sure i wake up while im having a dream? what time does the rem cycle start? so i can set my alarm right in the middle of it.

normally after around 5 hours of sleep you start the rem cycle. i think thats about right. if you wake up by alarm in the middle of a dream you have more chance of forgetting it, so i dont know exactly why youd want to do that.

i imagine your trying to wake up to try some kind of induction technique while going back to sleep?

anytime after 5 hours should do the trick.

clown

im pretty sure rem starts after 90 min of HI but maybe clowns right :confused:

im not too certain, there could be some periods of rem time before, but im pretty sure after 5hours of sleep the rest is only rem.

im pretty sure theres accurate info on the sleep cycles on this site somewhere.

No its not Click here … But the REM periods get longer…

For me its just the opposite, waking up during a (REM)dream makes my DR 100%, and usually it makes me annoyed too, because I woke up from a cool dream ><

Quantum Physics is pretty close. When you first fall asleep you experience HI, then you move into Delta sleep, then after about 90 minutes, you’ll hit REM for the first time of the night, probably for about 10 minutes. After that, the REM periods get a little longer and the deep sleep periods get a little shorter every time you repeat the cycle. If you sleep for a very long time, REM can last up to 90 minutes at the end of your sleep cycle!

So if you want to wake up in the middle of a dream, count 90 minute intervals from when you would normally fall asleep, until you reach a time where your REM periods are probably quite long. Set your alarm for this time :yes:

well i presumed if u wake up during in the middle of a dream you’d have more chances of remembering it , i remember reading that from somewhere along time ago. but it made sense to me becuase if you just wake up later in the morning you tend to forget your dreams but if you wake up DURING them you’d remember. if i am right then i have reason to be annoyed by the fact that i wake up before my alarm goes off probably becuase i have a feeling lingering in the back of my mind that it’ll wake others in the house aswell. well its not that big a problem, however lucid dreaming, for a while, seemed extremely fascinating but now its only mildy intresting :sad: and the process to achive it is tedious. but i shan’t give up!

ahh i was wrong about the dream cycles.

when i wake up naturally in the middle of a dream, thats the best for my dream recall.

when an alarm wakes me up dazed and confused, thats the worst for me. doesnt anybody else experience that?

clown

clown, focus! tell me the best time to get up then, please!
cheers

i have a few questionsabout lucid dreams, might aswell mention them here. 1)in your lucid dream do you feel ANY pain? or feel fear if you drop or whatever? 2)this is probably impossible but suppose you get bored in your lucid dream can you end it? say if it ends up lasting for days or weeks or something (which ive read about) can you leave as you please?

1.sure i guess, if you want

2.yea you just have to try to move IRL it always gets me :sad:

well look at that graph. after 5 hours like i said the first time, the major blocks of your deeper sleep are out of the way. i guess that means that your body is fully rested.

so set your alarm for after 5 hours and you should be almost garunteed to go into a dream when you get back to sleep.

about the falling while flying, i do this a lot. before hitting the ground i swoop up real fast and its really fun. ill fly up as high as i can and then just let myself go like im diving off a diving board.

It all depends on whether you WANT to feel pain or not. :wink: In one of my LDs I turned on the pain factor and make a house fall down with me on top of it… Fun stuff. :grin: It felt more like an odd sensation in my chest, but I suppose I could get it worse if I wanted.

Sure, do as you like, it’s your dream. ^^

Btw, next chance you get, go ahead and introduce yourself in The Big “Hi, I’m New Here!” Topic - Part XXVII. :wave:

:wolb:

I usually don’t. However everyone is different.

Well, that is not likely to happen. However if you wanted to wake up, then yes you can do so quite easily. You simply close your dream eyes and keep them closed for a few seconds then open them again.

Thanks everyone!