How do I increase the vividness of my dreams???

I remember my dreams normally every night, but they always lack vividness. They are hazy, foggy, and it never felt like I was actually ‘there’.

So basicly, it feels like the dream was ‘zapped’ in my head in the morning instead of me actually dreaming it and actually being there.

It’s sort of hard to explain, but do you get what I mean?
How do I improve this?

I am at the same point as you, I am at the stage where I can remember like 1-2 dreams a night. It seems as if it is time for us to try and move into becoming lucid. Mine ND are hardly vivid, some turn out to be and I remember them just as I come out of them.

Try this when you wake up, its more of a tool for recalling faster but it also makes it seem like you actually had the dream… Right as your coming into consciousness, say to yourself the following. “Ok, whatever just happened was a dream and not real, so what did I just go through, what was I dreaming?”. It’s hard to explain but you need to really think about what you went through, more so than what you dreampt. What did I just dream is not enough of a question. Your mind is always confused about things after dreams, just get yourself used to remembering just as if you came out of them rather than like your remembering something you never did.

At this point, it is automatic for me, and most times I won’t even need to ask myself this question. It’s more of a feeling I suppose, and your mind gets used to remembering that it was a dream and what you dreampt. I have experience dreams which feel like I myself went through them just a few minutes ago, just as waking, and I accepted the idea.

There is a technique I know of to increase vividness in ND’s, and one of my techniques is a bit annoying. The first is Dream Yoga, or “Realizing your surroundings constantly”. This can be a very annoying and disciplined task, so choose at your own risk. The other is “Image Streaming” winwenger.com/imstream.htm This is the best in my opinion, I started doing this a while ago but then quit. I need to actually start doing this again. It will for sure improve your dreams vividness, thats really what it is meant to do is strengthen the vividness of images.

I am sad to say though, there really is no other way you can really have more vivid dreams other than becoming lucid in them. I would definatley say that image streaming would be the best solution for increasing the sharpness/realness looking of your dreams. I haven’t achieved lucidity yet, I finally started recalling dreams to the point where I recall 1-2 a day like I said up there. I am working on it though. Everyone has the technique to induce LD’s, it is just different for all of us. If you were having lucids already, just shout “Increase lucidity now!”, or try observing surroundings around you in the dream.

Wow, thanks for all that info :happy: .
I haven’t read that link you had in there yet, but will right after I finish posting this :content:

EDIT: and what is the ‘Dream Yoga’ thing that you mentioned?

You just said a little bit about it, what do you do?

Don’t mention it Hypno, we are all here to help each other out. :content:

Read more about Dream Yoga here, it is about the Tibetan meditation in which helped have lucid dreams. Like I said, it can get aggrivating. :content: Don’t let that stop you, it is a very good technique, and don’t worry, none of the religion is involved.

dreamviews.com/community/sho … hp?t=34263

To be honest, DY seems to be the best method approach to lucid dreaming, it can allow you to have several lucid dreams a night every night. Especially you will gain the ability to spot odd things each ND, and the ability to stabalize LD’s. I recommend you read a lot of “Never’s” posts in that topic, he is very helpful in different methods of DY.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

sleep. Then self discover yourself, that will make your dreams vivid.

w00t! Yeah, it helped me remember a dream. It wasn’t a huge difference, but I remembered more dreams, and they were slightly more vivid.

I did the image streaming and the thing where I tell myself “Ok, whatever just happened was a dream and not real, so what did I just go through, what was I dreaming?” when I become conscious.

But, it wasn’t a big result :sad:. But, of course, I know that things wouldn’t just get better in one day.

Practice, practice, practice :wink:

Let me suggest something. You sort of have to do more than ask that question, you have to literally remember what you just did, thats what I do. I pretty much framed the idea wrong, you have to remember what you just did. Odds are, you will recall what seems to be normal right away. Dreams are always on the top of your head when you wake, people just ignore what happened to them in their sleep. So do this next time, try and remember what you went through, invite ALL ideas in because it is tricky doing it this way. You see, if you disregard random thoughts, you might just throw away what seemed at the moment to be normal, but after 5 minutes of being awake, you would start to come to realizing it was a dream.

Example… I dreampt I was playing DDR right? Well, soon after I woke, I remembered nothing. I began my method just sitting there a second, and trying to specifically remember what I did and what happened to me a sec ago. Like I said, usually dreams will be in your waking consciousness already, they just seem normal, DY should take care of this a bit but take my recall technique and try it. You confused to say the least when you wake up, all dreams seem like they are normal apon awakening. =D Just decode them, and say they were not real. Anyways, after about 20 seconds of trying to remember what I went through, 3 dreams came zipping through my conscious spotlight! I love when that happens.

Sometimes, I am able to wake up with a full vivid dream, these are my favorite. I cannot express enough though how dreams seem real, like mere thoughts of actions you performed a few minutes before.

I did that :smile:
I just didn’t EXACTLY do that. uh, that didn’t really make much sense :tongue:, but you get what I mean
When I woke up, I asked myself: what did I go through in my dream? And I thought, so I didn’t get confused later with a memory.

That’s basicly what your saying, isn’t it?

Sometimes when I have a normal dream, that doesn’t have that much ‘weird’ stuff and could easily be confused with a memory.

Yes, most of my dreams get confused with memory at first, because lately they have been appearing in my house or the grocery with mostly normal things. You just need to differentiate between what was real and not real, realize when you awake, that nothing you went through was real and any other thoughts/feelings are dream. It may even help to remember where you were before sleeping, what you did that day before the dream. <-This has been suggested by another forumer before, I personally don’t need to go this far to realize the real like dream was fake. All I need to basically think when I awake is… Ok I have been sleeping, didn’t do anything exciting, and then I start analyzing my feelings and thoughts. Soon enough, it should zap to you.

This is hard for me to explain really, if I were to sum it up… You need to apon awakening realize you went through something that is not real. I normally mentally ask myself right away “What was I dreaming”. Then I usually analyze my feelings and any thought that comes into mind. After maybe 1 minute of this, it should come to you, at least a fragment. Sometimes I can only remember fragments, but as long as I have been using this technique, my recall has been great and easy. I remembered 3 from my last sleep about 2 hours ago when I was trying a WILD. <-Didn’t work btw, lulz. =(

So then to be as redundant as possible.

1. Ask yourself “What was I dreaming?”
  2. Really realize in your mind that nothing that happened was real, remember also not to start thinking about anything in real life. <-Extremely important.
  3. Finally recognize your incoming thoughts/feelings.

This process once your used to it, should come automatic and also should pop into your mind right on awakening. It should give you your dream within the range of 20 seconds to a minute. :content:

Let me also add one more thing. When I say it will come to you in 20 seconds or whatever, what I mean is that at least a fragment will, or a character. It may take 1 minute or 2 to peice it together and start remembering the rest. It is like a snow ball rolling down a hill when you remember a fragment sometimes.

Good luck, any more questions, don’t hesitate to ask. :slight_smile:

Ooo, thank for all of that!

I think this is enough to help me get my dreams vivid. :content:

No problem, hope it works for you. This is honestly the method I personally use for recall each time I wake up. Works like a charm, fast and efficient.

Also I don’t know about others, but I usually lie there sometimes for 3 minutes to memorize my dream, then like after I go to the bathroom and get awake, I will write my dream out in my journal. I will make a mental note of important things you know? Don’t get all awake unless you are sure you are done recalling. It also helps to go to bed with a clear mind, relaxed.

I don’t know Joe, but everytime I stop smokin da dubbe my dream vividness increases
amazing , i usually eat chocolate and banana before I go to sleep cause its good for your health everytime I drink on a special occassion i drink don julio or Agavero an my dreams become into the real world, true story

Increasing the intake of herbs and spices containing thujone might help. Sage is high in thujone, Rosemary, Winter Savory, and Hyssop also contain the compund. Hope this is not considered drug talk because the herbs mentioned are commonly consumed plant, most eaten often in meals. Sorry if it is.
Thujone increases clarity of mind and can effect dreams in the same way as well.

Though anything external to enhance dreams is nothing without two times the effort on the inside. :smile:

Actually absinthe(which contains Thujone) is now legal here in the U.S. An its funny cause the name of brand its Lucid:

Lucid (Absinthe)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Lucid
Type Absinthe
Alcohol by volume 62.0%
Proof 124
Manufacturer Viridian Spirits LLC
Country of origin France
Introduced 2007 in USA

Lucid is an absinthe available for sale in the United States. It is a traditional, French-made Absinthe Verte (Green Absinthe), whose formula was first approved in 2006 after being developed by Ted (T.A.) Breaux. It was approved for sale in the United States on March 5, 2007.[1][2]

Lucid is produced in France for the Viridian Spirits Company of New York.[3] It is made using traditional French methods. There is much speculation about whether it contains thujone, and the extent to which thujone is important.[4][5] The recipe includes Grande Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium), along with green anise, sweet fennel, and other herbs and was concocted by Ted Breaux, an absinthe expert and historian. [6][7] Lucid is currently available in certain cities in the states of New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Idaho, and California where it is said to be available in some of the trendier and more upscale establishments [8][9] and online from several stores, and is reported to be expanding distribution in fall 2007. [10]

BTW large dose of Thujone can be lethal.