How far back does your dream journal go?

Only early this year. I found out about lucid dreaming pretty recently.

I had journals back to 1998, but I began asking myself “Why keep these?” so I threw them out. I rarely went back and re-read them. Now I wish I hadn’t done that. All I kept (unintentionally) was a typed record of my first consciously-induced OBE in 1999.

Currently, I just have written records going back to 2010.

But, of course, I still remember dreams and LDs from childhood that it never occurred to me to write down. The really important dreams I remember well, if not in the same detail that had been preserved in my old journals.

My journal is in the LD4all DJ section it’s entirety. I should make a backup just in case but I never got around to it. It goes back to the Q4 of 2007.

I have been keeping a hand written journal since 1989. I’ve transcribed a lot of them onto the computer and the new ones go either in the handwritten one or the computer, depending on how fast I seem to be losing the details. I am not good about daily recording. I have a habit of not writing them down if I tell them verbally to somebody or if I text one or some other method.