How long have you gone without sleep?

well to be honest with you i have gone through 43 and a half hours and lemme tell ya please dont keep going to the hallucionations start you will be awake for another 5 hours regreting that you have stayed up for the hallucionation. scary stuff even though i still do it some times :wink:

Thanks for the replies, guys. Interesting stuff.

I’m pleased to announce I have broken my record. I’ve now gone without sleep for 39 hours and counting.

I wonder if I’ll be able to make it to 48 hours? :eek:

Well, I made it to 41 hours yesterday, then I gave up.

I experienced drowsiness, inability to concentrate, mild euphoria/giddiness, irritability, and extremely mild occasional visual distortions.

I think I’ve never gone longer than 22 hours or so. I never have the extra day to spare the results so I never try to stay up extremely long amounts. It could be beneficial for lucid dreaming though… much like the WBTB method.

Reading this topic somehow makes me want to stay up.

But my family would probably think I’m on drugs. :tongue:

(They’re already suspicious of me always wanting to take out the trash. I think it’s fun! :grin: )

Ooh, I didnt know this kind of thread did exist :cool_raz:

My longest period without sleep is currently 40 hours, and I really didnt like the vision you get after 30 hours without sleep :no:

I stayed up 4 days straight once. I started avoiding mirrors because I would hallucinate my skin was glowning and falling off. I remember that just before I fell asleep, I hallucinated a man in a top hat in my room, asking me if I had the medicine. I didn’t know what he was reffering to, so I put my head under my covers. then I fell asleep.

I stayed up for a full 3 days after I screwed up my sleep schedule on the fourth of July. On the final day I began to have some minor hallucinations. For instance, the clock ticking sounded more like a song to me, and shadows became dark, three dimensional moving creatures. :bored: I slept for a full 13 hours after that.

About 2,5 days, felt a bit lightheaded for a couple of days afterward but that may have been for different reasons.
Now I’m having trouble staying up even one day… guess I’m getting old.