How long was it untill you had your first LD

This is a question for anyone that already has LD when it tries to have one. How long it took you to start having LD’s ? How long it took you to get good at it ?

:welcome: Welcome to the forum, Vicaris. =]

It varies from person to person, but it didn’t take too long for me. I joined April 24th, and had my first induced on May 2nd. Technically it was a little before that, but it was low-level, embarrassing, and I never counted it as a real one. Some people take a really long time with it though, so the trick is to keep practising until you get better. :yes:

Next chance you get feel free to introduce yourself in The Big “Hi, I’m New Here!” Topic - Part XXVII. :grin:

For me the battle to regularly induce LD’s is still raging on…

i was just curious, how long did it take you to achieve your first lucid dream

I just did a topic like this one on the forum “First Steps to Lucidity”. Funny thing was that I couldn’t decide where to post it, and I almost post it in here.

I have just merged the two topics together

I had my first LD after 2 weeks of doing RC’s. It was a DILD. I noticed i was dreaming inside my dream.
Im totally busy for 4 weeks now and have had 1 LD so far :sad:. (Im a deep sleeper, so its harder for me to have LD’s)

Im also trying some techniques now. Was trying WILD, but after some nasty experiences with it (easilly the scearist moment of my live) im switching to MILD and VILD.

about a week after doing like a zillion RCs a day and writting on my dream journal every day :razz:

I was quite lucky in that I had a LD after only 2 days of doing constant reality checks - the problem was that it only lasted 4 seconds! Now i’m trying for my second one! :smile:

~Ed~

I had two LDs the first day I read about lucid dreaming. They were both spontaneous.

I had about three right after (in the course of the first two weeks) I first started trying MILD and WILD. Only problem was one was me waking up and yelling, fist above my head: “Its a dream!” then it ended, another was about 5 seconds…and the other I only had minimul control. So, I’m trying for more direct control and longer length…not to mention frequency…I’ve been trying for lucid dreams for about three months now.

My first one was about a week after I read up on lucid dreaming on wikipedia and in here. But as soon as I did any ‘staying there’ techniques, I’d get a FA, think it was real, and try to ‘fall asleep’ back into my dream. But then I’d give up when the dream would fade and no amount of hand-rubbing/spinning/yelling “lucidity times 1000!” would work…

And it happened again less than a week later. Urgh. Maybe I should make a new topic about this, except I haven’t had any LDs since due to stress…

Ahh!!! I’m jealus! :grrr:

My first induced LD came after a long, grueling year of reality checks, WILD, MILD + WBTB, and anything else you can think of. And, as of now, I have had a total of 5 LD’s. I would have had another a few weeks ago, but it was such a surprise to find myself lucid because I had not been trying to, that I woke myself up from shock.

3 months

well you havent been at it that long so you should have one soon hopefully :content:

I had my first LD without trying…so I guess it didn’t take any amount of time to have my first one! :tongue:
But when I actually started trying to LD, it took me about a month before I had my first one. It took me about a year to get good at it. I got to the point where I’d have about 1 LD a week, but now I seem to have fallen back into a slump. I haven’t had a lucid dream in months :shy:

I still havn’t had one after 2.5 months.

It took me 2 months to have my first LD since I knew what LDing was.

But as a child i was a natural LDer, i had my first when I was 4.

I don’t remember my first LD. As far as I can remember I’ve always had them.

Now I don’t have to do RC’s either.

Trying to have LD’s doesn’t seem to work now. Either I have them naturally or I don’t.

I first tried the wrong technique for me (WILD) and never had a LD for months. Years later, when I discover the “find your hands” technique, I had my first in the first two weeks.

I remember having my first LDs back when I was very young. Unfortunately, at the time, I had no idea that I could use that information to control the things around me. Most of the times I knew I was dreaming, it was in the middle of a nightmare and I was trying to wake myself up.

However, ever since I started reading about LDs online, I’ve had one. I’ve been doing this for about a month now, but I don’t think I’m one of the most persistent people, otherwise I could probably be doing it more often.