How well can you visualize

i dont remember what i meant, but i ended up getting Creative Visualization for 30 cents and so far i like it. havent had much practice with it yet but i believe it will help.

but books in general, i definately agree that they help, kinda put something in your mind to think about and “see”

Uh… not really… it’s just hard to explain how it works. It’s not sight, it’s something like the mental equivalent of sight, maybe. More like, when you have an idea, just an abstract concept in your mind, you don’t see it, you just sort of know it. Likewise, you don’t see a lion there, you just kind of KNOW a lion there. You think a lion there. An abstract lion, the concept of a lion.

Wow, I’m really bad at explaining this. And it doesn’t help that I’m really tired either. :wink: Sorry if I’m not much help.

Somewhere I heard that the sense of sight is actually several different senses all lumped together. In any case…

When I imagine something very vividly for half a second (as I described a while back), it starts by blotting out the whole background with black if I don’t have another background in mind. If I try to keep the background transparent, i.e. place an imagined object in the Real World, it just fails and is reduced to an “abstract concept” of the object.

In other words, it’s like you’re “detecting” the presence and shape of an invisible lion. Am I right?