Hypnogogic Hallucinations?!?!

I hear a low hovering sound so Sureal you’re not the only one hearing things like that. Usually I think it’s aliens but then I fall into deep sleep. So I really don’t know what it is.

I hear noises like the sound of someone moving around sometimes…but it’s when I get stuck that get scared the most never seen the “Old Hag” thank God… Hope I never do :eh:

I’ve actually seen a hallucination before. It was kinda spooky. It happened to be a dog I had when I was like…4. I cried. :sad:

I’d love to have Hypnogogic Hallucinations as vivid as you guys are discribing. We’ll, I probably do have them already, I’m just not conscious of them :content:

By the way, welcome SamuraiDreamer :smile:

I’ve had a slightly surreal hypnopompic image where a beach ball hit me in my face… it even made the sound of it hitting my face :eh:

Hypnogogic Hallucinations can be very interesting, and I’ve had some luck controlling them. If you get the wavy lines you can start forming them into pictures. However, the most vivid ones seem to be random. Once I saw my son turn from what he really looks like into a semi-alien boy. It was VERY clear.

The thing that really trips me out are the sounds. Sometimes its like listening to the news, or I hear people shout my name. Totally random sentences…I wish I could remember what they are saying, maybe it could be put to use.

It’s called “hypnagogic hallucinations” and that the subject of this thread. :smile: A lot of people have them when they fall asleep. It may be visual hallucinations (they generally look like imagination and are not very impressive), auditive hallucinations (buzzing, etc.) or cenesthetic hallucinations (vibrations, rolling, floating, etc.) People who have HH are said to be better than others while using WILD techniques.

A little off topic but …Why Can’t I Do It Then!! Sorry a little frustrated…I had to vent…

I also don’t have HI most of the time…
:cry:

Although it happens sometimes when i’m falling asleep in a car or in the train, but it last like 10 seconds, and i wake up…

But i’m not sure it is actually HI cause i sometimes have some kinda “false memories” during them… :confused:

Errr?.. False memories during HI? :confused: Could you explain this more clearly?

Well… I see a scene, but i’m not involve in it, ( like a third person kinda view ) and it last just a couple seconds, it happened to me a couple times this week : I was doing Paris- Sarrebourg by car ( not driving ), and i start falling asleep, and then my head just fall down, and it awoke me completely… and in the scene i was clearly thinking about something that is just not true IRL… :bored: It is very blury and unstable images but which has a real “scenario”…

But as i said, it might be real deams, but it just seems a little weird to me to have dreams so fast after falling asleep… :eh:

I do that too and I know people have said you don’t have dreams in non rem sleep so I think possibly I go into REM quick when that happens but it is really easy to wake up

Anamcara, you can have dreams in nREM sleep. Scientists believed for years that nREM dreams didn’t exist just because it was more difficult to remember them.

Fredrick Van Eden called these Haptic Dreams. You can read about them in his paper on dreams which is posted on the lucidity institute’s website.

These kind of dreams are on the treshold from HI to nREM stage 1 dreams, they might be blurry and pretty weird, and normally you dont remember them because you are supposed to fall fully asleep after them (which is what happens at night when you go to sleep), into deep sleep and then REM.