I am a failure.

I’ve been trying to lucid dream for two and a half years.

I went for a sleep on a boat in Thailand because I felt sick when I was ten, and I was sleeping really lightly. In the dream I was asking my friend what lesson we were currently in, and she said RE.

I remember thinking "wait, since when was RE on Mondays? And why can’t I remember the flight back to england? OMG, I MUST BE DREA - " And then I woke up.
So when I got back to england I started researching what had happened, and lurked on this forum, but never signed up, but I still tried to LD. After a while I signed up.

For the past two and a half years I have tried EVERYTHING. VILD, WILD, DILD, FILD, combining them with WBTB, software, RCs.

I just can’t do it. My dream recall is fine. I was thinking positively, I was sure I could do it. 6 months passed so I had a 1 month break in case I was trying too hard before resuming working at it again.

By now I must be the biggest failure ever. It’s never taken anybody else this long to be able to do it. Why can’t I do it? Am I doing something wrong?

ARGH It’s just so aggravating seeing people talk about the awesome stuff they do.

Well, It is because you think of a Lucid dream as a movie, a game, or a normal dream.

You should think about it like Real life only that you have infinite power. when you are visualising, you should visualise first person, and not third person.

Anyway, best luck to you.

Also, try to think only about LD through the day.

DONT want it to much their are some people hear that are MODERATORS and have had
under 12 lds
also
whene you actually do dream (by that i mean gain lucidity) do not get to exieted
you probably have had some u just dont remember, dont give up!!

EDIT; I two, am waiting to get one longer than 2 seconds :content:

ANOTHER, EDIT; you cant really ‘work’ on it, as long as you ‘integrate’ it into ur life and think about it it should come also think of it like this i am 13 and had my first lucid dream 7 days ago, that is 13 years of NOT lucid dreaming

Well this can be caused by a large number of things.

Try going to bed earlier.
Sleeping in
And not over trying.

:wave: littlewitch
you became lucid at the end of that earlier dream, so you KNOW you CAN become lucid :happy:

so hold on to that thought :smile:

next don’t put pressure on yourself to become lucid, incorporate keeping a DJ and thinking about lucid dreaming into your life; but enjoy your normal dreams too. Have you thought of starting an online dream journal in our DJ forum? the feedback can help to keep you motivated :happy:

Don’t be so hard on yourself. Lding will be more difficult with that sort of thinking. I think you should a.)don’t try so hard b.)change your attitude and c.) give LucidWarp a try. It helped me a lot. If you do decide to use LucidWarp, follow the instructions and do one day at a time. I wish you best of luck!
LucidWarp LINK

Yeah, “OMG, I MUST BE DREA -” is enough to say you were lucid, I believe. You might not had the time to complete the sentence, but you did realize what it meant… I think you should try a mixture of not trying to hard and not giving up either…

Instead of thinking “oh man, another night without a lucid dream…” try to think “oh you sneaky mind, you. I’ll get you next time!”

I think one thing that helps me, in terms of motivation, or whatever, is trying to be happy with the tinniest things. Like, if I see HI or get SP, even if just for a few seconds I try to see an improvement even if something like “hey, I had SP for 1 second longer!”… This way I can see that I’m going somewhere, even if very slowly. Try to focus more on your ‘journey’ than on your destination, perhaps…

Good luck! :smile:

First of all you are NOT a failure. A failure is someone who tried to lucid dream but didnt make it as soon as he had expected and gave up (they usualy end up telling themselves that “lucid dreaming is stupid and pointless anyway”).
Just keep trying and you’ll get it eventualy. I don’t think there is a person who “can’t LD”. Maybe you can change your technique or practice other things before? Try going to sleep and planning out what you’re going to dream of. It’s not exactly being lucid but it’s a step closer. Also, try telling DCs to remind you you’re dreaming before you to to sleep, that usualy helps.
Most important, don’t give up. :wink:

As everyone has said you are definitely not a failure! I have found in life that sometimes when you go looking for something you are less likely to find it. I would suggest just not thinking about it too much.

You said that you have good dream recall? Well then you must have dreams. Some of my favorite dream experiences are ND and not LD.

Another thing, you may be at a different point in your life when you start to have active LD’s. I don’t recall having many dreams when I was your age. My first memorable dream was when I was 14-15. Then I didn’t start having very active dreams until 17-18, and then my dreams got really intense, vivid, after a spiritual event in my life that didn’t happen until I was about 20 or so.

I think one thing to remember is that people live for like 75+ years. Which means that gives us over 25,000+ chances to dream \ LD, and you’ve only been through roughly 4,000 of those. So you have plenty of more time \ chances to have LD’s. :smile:

Thank you so much for all the support everyone :smile:
I considered not bothering and just giving up, but after reading the replies I feel I should just keep at it.
Thanks again
Kristina x

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!!!

I think you needed that. :eek:

As people have said above, you are definatly NOT a failure! Technically you pretty much have had lucid dreams, they just didnt last very long. That is definatly a good sign. Also, I think that one of the best things you could do is just keep telling yourself its easy.

In general, don’t give up! You’ll get longer lucid dreams soon and when you do you’ll be so happy that you didn’t give up. Think about it, would giving up really get you anywhere?