I am new and overwhelmed by all of this.

This Lucid Dreaming is totally new to me, I can’t stomach it all!!!

I was going through Erowid.org yesterday and for the first time decided to check out their ‘Mind & Spirit’ section… only to come across documentation on ‘Lucid Dreaming’…

After reading tons of it and finding your website I tried lucid dreaminglast night!! It didn’t work… I could feel some moments in my first dreams where I almost identified my environment as unreal, but I didn’t quite-- and at some point, snapped out. In this very night I also tried waking myself after these dreams using my alarm clock, to try the W.I.L.D method, but I had trouble getting back to sleep! (i’m not even sure if I did)

I plan to try the Third Eye technique tonight, but am I just being a fool? Does everyone have their own method or should I actually follow the ones on this site, step-by-step?

I should add it’s a pleasure to meet you all and I hope to be a part of this community :content:

Welcome! For me, the only success I’ve gotten is through WBTB. I know- who wants to wake up? The first time for me was an accident! Feel free to mail or PM me! :wave:

:wave: hello Forw4rd, welcome to LD4all :smile:
I would recommend reading “How to Choose Your Technique” - By Treader https://community.ld4all.com/t/how-to-choose-your-technique-by-treader/21732
Then after discovering the technique that will probably work best for you… use the same method for a few weeks and then if you are still having trouble move on to a different one. Just using each method once isn’t the way to go. :wink:

Good Luck :thumbs:

Also, don’t be afraid to change it up a bit, to more easily suit you.

Hey Forw4rd! welcome, I’m somewhat new, and somewhat of an on/off visitor, but my situation was pretty much the same as yours a few months ago. I was browsing erowid.org, in the ahem substances section, when I checked out the mind & spirit page. Lucid dreaming caught my eye and hear I am. For starters I would just recommend the LD4all.com homepage and all those little pull down menu’s, helped me wonders. Once I got going I started investing a little bit on books(mostly by Stephan LaBerge.) I took a break for a while primarily because of a hectic schedule but I hope to start it up again and vist for frequently. see you around! :wink:

Hey Forw4rd, welcome to the forum!

Don’t worry too much about all these possibilities. Read some and pick a technique that you like, and try it for a time. Personally I would suggest to start at once with WBTB + MILD, since this is what got me going with LDing really good. It’s a bit of an effort, but well worth it. WILD seems on the average a bit of a difficult method to start with, but who knows - it might be good for you.

I don’t think identifying your dream as “unreal” will be helpful, because when a dream happens it looks pretty real, and what is real / unreal anyway? Once you get the hang of LDing, you can identify a dream sometimes by the feeling that you are dreaming, which is similar but just a bit different.