I don't understand "entering my dreamworld" I dont

I have had a lucid dream one time, it was the first night I tried it. I don’t know how it happened…I was breathing and then I found myself on a boat. So I flew to a house and said that when I opened the door, (his name) was going to be there, and he was! It was cool but I honestly have no idea how to get another LD…someone help? :confused:

Try some of the induction techniques on the homepage.

And how do I know that I am almost about to have a lucid dream? How do I know that I’m “sleeping, yet still conscious”?

Sorry but I’m so new at this…eager for answers.

I can only talk about what works well for me. I have my difficulties staying conscious while I am falling asleep. if I become lucid during a dream it´s because at some point I think: hey, I´m dreaming. This can be triggered by dream signs (so when you see, feel etc. something which doesn´t exist in reality) or without a reason at all. MAybe you should start doing reality checks during the day which means asking yourself a few times each day: am I dreaming or not? If you get used to that as a daily habit it might sink in to an extent that you randomly ask this question when you are dreaming as well.
Another thing which might be an idea: before you fall asleep or when you lie down to sleep, make it a habit to think several times: I will become lucid in my dream, I will have a lucid dream or when next time I dream i will remember to become lucid. Something of the like. Might work, give it a try.
Good luck :smile:
Moonwolf

:welcome:

Staying conscious while entering dreamworld is called WILD. It’s one of the most popular, yet difficult LDing methods. It’s the only method where you go into your dream from an awake state of mind; letting your body fall asleep and your mind stay conscious. Many beginners fail at it, because you need patience, motivation, the ability to fall asleep well and other things.

There are a lot of other ways to get lucid, like Autosuggestion (what Moonwolf said), which is to tell your subconscious that you realize that you’re dreaming at a certain time in your dream. It is described specificly here: https://community.ld4all.com/t/forming-a-relationship-with-your-subconscious/22585

You can find the other methods in this helpful WikiBook: www.ld4all.com :content:

Doing reality checks throughout the day is important. For example, I do a quick three-part reality check everyday, asking myself “am I dreaming?”, counting my fingers, looking at my nose with one eye and trying to breathe while I hold my nose tight with my hand. Your goal is obviously do to that in your dream - where you usually totally think it’s reality - and realize that you’re dreaming; get lucid.

It’s very important to recall your dreams very good and to train this, you need to do a dream journal and write your dreams (or fragments) in it. It increases your DR and sure is fun (didn’t do it yet). :smile:

When you started with all this stuff, where you can find help in topics all over the forum, you will notice some difficulties and problems in your attempts or LDs.

Enjoy your stay, :woot:

Robin.

Thanks guys!

Last night I set my alarm for 5:16 am and I think they may have been too early. (I fell asleep around 1:30) But it woke me up and I told myself I was going to have a lucid dream. It was the weirdest feeling, I was soooo tired that I almost immediately fell back into “dreamworld” and I was lucid for a few seconds, but I was too tired so the dream continued on without me being lucid…It almost worked!

I’m afraid I can’t seem to do the Autosuggestion where I realize I’m dreaming in the dream…I don’t understand why, but no matter how many RC’s I do in real life, or how many times I tell myself, “Okay, once I start dreaming I’ll know it.” It never works! I do keep a DJ and I have really good dream recall if I think hard and I take my time. I started the DJ right before I had my first partly lucid dream, which was really cool.

Thanks all for helping…I’m sure I will get it under control soon!

You have to be specific in autosuggestion. Try the Mantras in Ben’s topic. Maybe they’ll work.