i think ive just had my first lucid dream...whooo hoo

/me hugs RODDERS790.

You’re very welcome, and keep up the good work on the LDs! Don’t think you’re digging your own grave; LDs can be and are rewarding! We’re always here to help when you need it!

Signed,

• Queen Victoria… I mean Vera. :rofl:

When people sleep they go through cycles of light and deep sleep. REM sleep (where dreaming occurs) is the lightest type of sleep. No matter how deeply or lightly someone sleeps, when they are in REM sleep everyone is in a light sleep. (Source: Sleepfaring by Professor Jim Horne).

Lucidity is not about the body being close to being awake. It can happen at any stage of an REM cycle, not just towards the end where we’re likely to wake up afterwards. Our brains have an in built reality checking function which we use when we’re awake. In dreams, this is switched off. Gaining lucidity is simply a matter of finding a method to switch it back on.

The exception doesn’t disprove the rule. You can always find an exception to everything.

I’ve had LDs in the middle of the night where I didn’t wake up at the end. But 95 percent of them have occurred when I was about to wake up. In fact, by far the biggest problem with LDs, after having one the first place, is managing to stay asleep.

It’s meaningful to say such things. It’s not meaningful to point to an exception as if to proclaim that the rule doesn’t count.

Congratulations! I remember my first lucid dream a little over one and a half years ago :twirl: