I'm a bit rusty

Hi there, none of you remember me but I used to be very very active here about a year ago today to be honest.

But anyway in my prime, which was September to November of last year i was in knocking out 1 to 2 LD’s almost every night. I got cocky, abandoned my DJ.

Well, after having an accidental lucid dream the other night I want to do this again.

I posted here because I was so excited. But, now I can’t even remember what the dream was, I just remember it was intense.

So I’m starting up my DJ again.

My question is this, does it really help once you become proficient.

And I find that after I had my first LD it was like “OMG I can’t wait until I go to sleep.” But then after a drought you lose motivation and forget about that first time you went Lucid… why is that?

Sorry if that question was hard to understand.

I have a bit of the same problem. Except that I have now started to long for LDs again, after a long pause.
This month has been the worst since I signed on to this site, with only 1 good LD and 1 really short.

But if it’s motivation you want, go and check out the BIG fav thing to do in a LD Topic. :smile:

I’d say your DJ definitly helps you become more profficient. Its a good way to keeep yourself on track, to remind yourself that you’re trying to lucid dream.

Also, its a good thing to read and look back on for inspiration if you’re going through a dry spell.

Hmm, thank you for your replies.

I posted my DJ here on this site, perhaps it is still up an I can view it.

The thing is I moved to canada and left my actual DJ in Florida, I have been jotting a few dreams down on a pad and pen but that is the extent of my DJ.

Welcome back Garlic! I remember you! :tongue:

I think a DJ always help. If you don’t keep it, it generally means that you’re loosing your motivation…

I personally don’t keep a DJ, I have a DJ that i occationally write my best dreams in. But I have a good memory so I rarely forget my dreams.

– But I would still say yes, they do help. You are forcing yourself to remember something that was not part of your conscious mind by keeping a DJ.

Not only will it help improve recall, the more you do it the more you can remember, but it will also help put you in the “i want to LD” mindset.

There are deffinately benifits of keeping DJs. I keep meaning to start again, but it’s a hard habbit to start up again.

I remember you too Basilus West!

Jeez you sure did get tons of posts, almost 2000!

And I just bought a composistion book for 34 cents, I’m going to keep the DJ again.

My problem now is getting to sleep for a WBTB

I live in Canada now and the sun comes up MUCH earlier then it did down in South Florida.

In South Florida it would still be dark at 6:30(especially after DST)

Here in Canada you can see the sun at 4:30AM and its fully light out by 5:15. I hate it, I can’t do a WBTB so now I’m going back to WILD

Its probably something to do with being further north and this time or year, just wait till winter comes :tongue:

Anywhoo, yeah, DJs good, sun preventing WBTB is bad, but WILD is all good :smile: