Is this sleep paralysis starting?

Hey again beat doctor,
cool that you talked about the difference between going into / going out of, as well. Its very different.
For me, in this experience (the one the topic started with) it was also not that scary. Only the door slamming shut gave me a bit of a shock, but it would have if I had been normally asleep as well. For the rest it was just calm voices and odd music and colours happening.
And the tingly feeling, that indeed did start at the legs and went up. And indeed I really noticed the difference in breathing which made me wonder about if I was breathing ok or not. But all together it was ok.
Interesting that you have HIs and HSs every night, it must have happened a lot already then.

Another question.
When you are in SP, is it possible for you as well to end the SP quite quickly when you will it to stop? Just curious about how others experience this. For me it takes some seconds, but not extremely long. I would not enjoy it if it takes very long, but I imagine that when the mind is really awake, and stress is happening… the body wakes itself quite quickly.

Yes, sorry then, it was SP, I didn’t know what “tingling” mean (my native language is not english).
And not to be mistaken, HS’s that I get are not cool calm voices, but its like somebody takes two pieces of metal and hits one against another. So its just annoying. :sad:
But HI’s can be very nice, inspirative for art. Sometimes I find myself in short scenes similar to dreams.

And yes, the one time I got SP I got out of it very quickly. In a second or two. The thing is that at first I didn’t want to get out of it.

ARGHH… I really need to go to sleep now,
bye!

First of all, I completely disagree. And no need to throw it in people’s faces like that, is there :tongue: In the previous post, Beat Doctor did correct himself in regards to it being SP or not. I’m still not sure, myself. Tingling and/or vibrations come before SP for me. So I don’t think we can be sure about that.

I’ve had HI and HS many times without being in SP too. They all usually come together, but not always. In the same way I’ve had SP many times with no hallucinations at all.

I see your point, alhtough I doubt someone could have a heart attack from it. I’m sure you’d snap out of SP if you got even remotely close to that. SP does happen every single time we dream, it is a deffence mechanism as Little snowfox said. I do understand though that SP can be very frightening for some people (spoecially if they don’t know what it is), but it can be great too.

I’ve entered a LD from SP a few times. Usually as bit accidental, but so are most of my WILD’s :tongue: Many people have done so too. I do agree that many people think they are in SP when they aren’t, specially beginners. I’ve had many WILD’s without consciously experiencing SP too, but even so, I was in SP or I would have woken up as soon as I tried to move (which has happened as well a few times :lol:)

I guess it can be induced in the same way as WILD’s are, just holding on to awareness as you fall asleep. Focusing on your body might help, since if you get lost in HI it’s more likely you don’t feel the SP kick in (in my experience, at least!).

Completely untrue, sorry :wink: I’ve had SP many times and love it even if I don’t manage to enter a LD. 99% of my SP’s aren’t scary at all. The few that are I simply face as if saying “I’m not scared of you” and the fear fades away. Even while the fear fades it feel like a “fake” kind of fear, as I truely know nothing there can hurt me.

I understand you have had your experiences and you are more that welcome to have your opinions, but please stop doing this. New people might really give it all up and SP can be an increadibly awesome experience, unless the person has all these ideas of how terrible it can be, or course. It’s like being bit by a dog when you were a kid and tell everyone you know to never ever buy a little puppy :sad:

Sorry for the wall of text!

All right. You guys have convinced me. Everyone should go ahead and try to experience sleep paralysis.

The last text is of Mattias is something I’ve been trying to say all the time. Saying that SP is the worst thing in world might fear some people off. It can be both the worst and the best experience you will experience. Like I said, when it comes to anything connected to dreams is it differs from person to person.

Everyone should try to experience it.

Otherwise how can they know how wonderful it might be?

I want to do EVERYTHING!!! arne says not to or you cant do

watch him tell me not to shoot myself :eh:

i think you guys are talking about the “old hag” and not about an WILD induced SP?

old hag simply is SP, with some hallucinations.