LD4all Quest #1: Self-Existing Moon: Through the Mirror

I know this quest is “closed”, but it is still on my list, so I wonder if this warrants completion:

At some point I enter a room, a bathroom. I do not feel a need to use the toilet, but I feel a strong need to enter and be in the bathroom. I close and lock the three doors. Hmm, wow, there is actually privacy—highly unusual.
I feel … something…A feeling inside me grows… I simply stand in the room. I observe my surroundings: I am still remarking how this bathroom offers privacy, which I for whatever reason find strange; several large mirrors have appeared, I see myself. I somehow try to mentally locate the certain—yet unknown— feeling within me and I aggressively (actively) extract it and identify it. Gradually over (short) time I feel I am more and more successful at this.
There!.. I am dreaming! That is the feeling.
I now pay even more attention to the reflections of myself in the mirrors. As I can remember, I look very much like IWL. I wear jeans, and am bare on the top. Something changes; it seems like the angle of a reflection (of a mirror) slightly changes some times. I step closer to a mirror and gaze at myself, I gaze at the mirror. I step through the mirror.
I am in a room. It feels like a room of mine, though I do not recognize the desk there in front of me, nor the room.
((There is more, but at no point do I return through whence I came))

As you can see, I did not do #4, which is not marked optional; so, is it completed without?

Congratulations! Yes, you have done this Quest now :smile: but you , the dreamer, always has the last word in deciding if you are satisfied with the result :smile:

Yes, that was my understanding (that I have “the final say”), but I was simply curious since I did not do that one point in the quest description, which could seem compulsory.

Hmm, I will mark it complete; however, I will also try to keep in mind that if I get to pass through a mirror in the future, I want to turn around and see what is behind me: did I come out of the wall? a window? a picture (as I have “exited” from before, but then I went through a window) ? a mirror?

OK done!! I went though a mirror. the inside was… well… weird. I remember a snake selling some cotton candy, a pot of money, and a sword in a jungle. I brought back the sword and everyone gave me a racoon?? ummm

Congrats! Make sure you post in the current Quest topic to get your wings!

I can’t because I have an odd fear of mirrors and that might activate a LN

Facing it in a lucid dream can actually help with overcoming nightmares. I have had recurring lucid nightmares about storms and tall waves for many years, but have recently started to stand up and defy the fear in my lucid dreams. I just refuse to let this ruin any more good LDs, and I haven’t felt any fear since, even if the waves still appear when I look at the sea.

I did this one on the second attempt, it was pretty interesting. I was in the middle of a dream with people attacking me. I seem to be able to maintain enough lucidity even in my non-lucids to deal with nightmares because I was flying about and having fun with it.

So anyways I was following the plot of the dream with low lucidity when I tried to fly of a rail it didn’t work and I hit the ground. I fell about 30 feet and felt the impact of my hands but no pain.

At this point I remembered my idea of the mirror. So I expected one to be to my left and it was. I was especially interested in observing my reflection in the mirror. It was the same as I normally am. Then I pressed my fingers into the glass it didn’t give at first but then they went through like it was jello.

It was quite dark back there but I didn’t find anything and it was slow moving because it still had that jello like consistency.

Well done xxPhoebusxx :thumbs:

[right]edit 16 Dec. Oh post 16000!!![/right]

in a recent dream i became lucid near a mirror and remembered this quest.

so i went through the mirror and there were many copies of me in there, all mirroring my movements or each other. i spent some time moving and observing. it was a bit strange!

Congrats, Obliverum!

It’s always cool to hear of people competing this Quest!

I also like how your mirror images behaved the way mirror images do. :wink:

haha yeah, i was like, oh that makes a little TOO much sense for a dream :tongue:

i read in Lucid Dreaming by Robert Waggoner about going through a mirror in lucid dreams as a technique invented by Qu, and ld4all is cited! how cool to be part of lucid dreaming history :content: