LD4all Quest 21: Magnetic Moon: The Mirror of Erised

congratulations on completing the Quest! Interesting that you had to battle a robot before you could see your real desire :smile: Glad you defeated it and got to see your desire, and even stepped through the mirror :smile: well done!

good luck everyone who is attempting this Quest. :dream: :mirror:

I attempted last night when I became lucid, but I prioritized instead :tongue:

It’s in my DJ, but here’s an abridged version:
I got lucid at my house because the boat kept coming untied, and I sneezed the third time tieing it up. I cleared a blue area in the overcast sky and was going to fly to sky island before finding the miror (then walking through it), but I couldn’t fly. Apparently I can only fly if I jump off of a ledge or something.

:tongue:

Yeah, it’s annoying when that happens, lol, but now that you realise this, you can just make a ledge when you need to :tongue:

I did this quest by summoning a mirror right behind me. First couple times I saw a freckled girl about fourteen years old, with black hair and long pony tails coming down each side of her face.

I tried again the next night and I got a little freckled boy with brown hair.

No clue what any of that means.

What a beautiful idea. :bored: I háve to try this…

Now THIS sounds fun. Im gonna try this out.

I had my first lucid dream since joining the forum last night (well, actually, there was one before it, but lasted less than a minute so I’m not going to count it, but, whatever :roll: ) and I tried this quest, but I think something went very wrong…

I was in my basement, where my bedroom is in RL, and was facing my bedroom door. My plan was to concentrate so that when I opened the door the mirror would be behind it. It took me a few tries, and eventually the mirror appeared, but when I looked into it, I saw a man lying on his side covered in blood and it was so scary I screamed! :bored:

For some reason, as I tried to figure out who the man was, one of my guesses was Jesus, which somehow makes it even more disturbing… though that was just a guess, it could have just been some random guy…

The next time I have a lucid dream, I’m going to try to do this again. I think I might not have looked in the right mirror. The Mirror of Erised has a fancy frame around it and the one I saw was just a plate of glass leaning against the wall.

When I think about it, though, every memory that I have of looking into a mirror in my dreams, I always see something very frightening and it always scares the hell out of me. What’s wrong with me? :confused:

EDIT: Also, I tried flying on a broomstick afterwards, but I kept getting attacked by crows and dragons.

You keep seeing frightening things in the mirror, because like you said, you “always see something frightening”. You’re expecting to see something scary again, and since it is YOUR dream, you do. It might be hard to get past that mental block, but work on convincing yourself that you’re not going to see something scary anymore, haha. Unless you want to.

Anyway, I’m posting now because I tried this all last week, and finally succeeded. Well, I did an RC when I saw a bear (bears are in my dreams a lot… O_o), and sure enough, I was dreaming. I decided to go into my house, and I expected to see the Mirror of Erised. It was sitting on my bed, but some Hispanic lady kept hogging it. (O_o x2) I told her to get away, since it was my room and I wanted to look into the mirror, but she began screaming at me in some strange language (it wasn’t Spanish… I know Spanish. It was just gibberish.) Finally, I convinced her to move, and I looked into the mirror. I saw myself standing there, grinning as these little balls were circling me. I tried to step in, but I walked right into the glass and got flustered, resulting in a FA and then another ND.

At first I was like wtf was that? What a lame vision. But then I realized earlier today that maybe the little balls circling me were PLANETS and they were revolving around me? So maybe my desire is that the whole universe would revolve around me? It makes sense. Yay for completing the task.

or maybe u secretly want to become a bloodmage

Bloodmage

Great Idea. I’ll be sure to do it once I’ve mastered this LD thing. I have had a few, but I want to really be aware before I try this one. Thanx. :slight_smile:

Crap, I thought this was August’s quest :sad: Oh well, I just completed it today, but the results are pretty boring…

Read about it in my DJ:

Myrmior’s Dream Journal

he he good idea all i really wana say is it sounds like such a interesting/differant name however it is just desire spelt backwards… awsome name so simple :happy:

I really wanna try this, but I haven’t had a LD so far. My friend told me about it, and I have thought about it whole night. I said to myself; When I get a LD, I’mso going to see what my patronus is, and what I see in the mirror of Erised. I’ll keep om practising.