LD4all Quest 98: February: Groundhog Day
Each month, on LD4all we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.
Okay, campers, rise and shine! Don’t forget your booties because it’s cold out there today. You can expect hazardous travel later with that blizzard thing.
The National Weather Service is calling for a big blizzard thing.
They are. But there’s another reason why today is especially exciting.
The big question on everybody’s lips:
Do you think Phil will come out and see his shadow?
It’s February, and if you don’t know, February 2nd is the Groundhog day, which became worldwide famous because of the timeless and several times replayed movie.
The movie was famous for its smart time-looping characteristic. Regardless of what the protagonist did, he would wake up at the same time on the same day over and over again.
Could you wake up in a dream and replay the same happenings as well?
This time I propose a different and challenging quest…
I am sure you will find it worth repeating!
To complete this Quest and earn your wings:
- Get a FA and experience it.
- Get another FA and replay the same dream!
- You have to be lucid during the second FA.
Isn’t it different? You just need to be lucid during the second FA.
Enjoy it! That was exactly what you would expect from the also called FA master!
- You don’t need to incubate the place itself, the main goal here is to reset the dream and it has to replay the same plot;
- You must be lucid during the second FA; (at least during FA number n, n is the number of FAs)
- The second FA must replay the plot of the first and share the same dream scenario; (or the FA number n-1, n is the number of FAs)
- You may be lucid in both but it is not mandatory;
- You must provide information showing that the plot was actually repeated: i.e. how DCs repeated their actions and/or how the radios and televisions repeated broadcasting;
- You must dream both FAs on the same day but they don’t need to be immediately consecutive.
- Reexperience the dream more than once.
- Meet the groundhog;
- Tell us if it has seen its shadow;
- Try to convince a DC that you know what is going to happen;
- Try something really dangerous in the dream, such as kidnapping the groundhog (people who have watched the movie will understand);
- Visit Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania (or Woodstock, Illinois.);
- Get stuck in the middle of a blizzard;
- Listen to the radio’s DJs by using the alarm clock and write a DJ entry about it;
- Predict the future (and forecast the weather);
- Act as a news reporter;
- Help the homeless;
- Help an old woman by changing a flat tire;
- Drive a car on railroad track;
- Save a boy from falling;
- Save the life of a choking person by performing the Heimlich maneuver;
- Make an ice sculpture;
- Play piano;
- Use it to improve yourself!
- Smash the alarm clock.
Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Qu will give wings if you think you should have them; the wings are a reward for yourself.
Qu will give wings to everyone who asks for them at the end of this Quest, so please be patient
Tips for Completing this Quest
- During your incubations imagine the dream plot as well, so it would be easier to reset to the same plot;
- If you have trouble resetting the dream, get back to a bed during a LD or use spinning to induce an FA. You can even try to WILD during an LD to induce an FA! Some dreamers claim this creates really stable LDs!
- Set your alarm clock to play “I Got you Babe” by Sonny and Cher;
- Watch the movie (Rotten Tomatoes/IMDB);
- Read the wiki.
- Wake up at 6 am every day!
Post in here to keep us all updated on your progress and whether or not you think you completed the quest! Finally, remember to have fun! Take advantage of the situation and tell us your story!
Now it’s time to get working on your wings! Go for it!
SPOILER - Click to view
Thanks to moogle and Eilatan for approving the idea, I didn’t expect it to be accepted, I had actually posted it as a crazy idea.
I had suggested it mostly because I have many FAs and I really like the movie because it really seems to reference it. I really hope it encourages people to try the quest, as it’s different and challenging.
I had more animated gifs but it got too long to download, so I removed about 1/3 and resized the rest.
This month I have said: Monthly Quest! Got you, babe! No, not really.
Well… writing it was surely tiring. It was the end of a very long day.
One last reminder: Don’t drive angry!