LDing to unlock past lives

[color=olive] I’m new here and i’ve also searched to make sure there wasn’t a post about this (sorry if i missed it if there was one).

Anyway, my question is if you can find out more about your past life through LD. I know there is some information on this site but I just wanted to know if anyone has expereinced this. I know I have an important past life so I want to remember it.

I have only had a few LDs. I’m also plagued with sleep paralysis because I’ve OBEd a few times. I have had simple days dreams and flashes about my past, but nothing really “lasting” If anyone can help me on how to “unlock” my past, it’d greatly help. [/color]

if we have past lives i don’t know how you’d differentiate between something your mind makes up and a real past life…

but… i’m just going to take a random guess and say you might try disassembling the dream you are in… clearing your head … and then asking “show me a past life” and sit and be patient, perhaps?

In my case, I should know because I’ve seen some of it already. I’ve seen flashes of it, just nothing played out ( like a dream or movie)

I don’t necessarily believe in past lives, but just for this post I’ll assume that I do. Also note that my knowledge of them is limited.

Dreams (lucid or not) may very well be able to show us our past lives. But… in a dream your mind will be likely to make things up to ‘fill in the gaps,’ or create things that aren’t there. It may even make up the entire thing, and make you believe that what you saw was one of your past lives. If I were you I would try to find a website that’s more oriented towards past lives or religions that believe in it, they probably can give you a better answer than most people on this forum.

There is something called the “Christos Technique” which is supposed to be a method of inducing past-life experiences. If you can find the book it’s from, it’s definitely worth a read if you want to learn more about past lives. The book has a lot of background info and stories and stuff. Here’s the LINK to the actual induction method. Enjoy. :smile:

Ohh, you have a point. I don’t really believe in a specific religion i believe in… or want to believe in.
I’ve looked on several sites. I just wanted to get other’s opinions.

interesting topic silverhawk. look up some information on “akashic records” i think i spelled that right. they’re supposed to be the records of everything you do, think, etc. i believe they also contain information of your past lives. i’ve read about people using OBE to access their akashic records, and you can OBE from a LD (though i haven’t had any success with it :neutral: )

i have had several dreams of past lives. I’ve also seen some of my past lives in meditation and under hypnosis. One I saw in my dream was more like an OBE where i found myself in a different body in a different life. I think this was a past life.

Also i have had a lot of nightmares about WWII - they fit together like a puzzle. In a guided meditation I went back to this dream. I know this one is a past life and i have pieced some of it together.

Another one I have induced by asking myself to be shown a specific life, and indeed I dreamt about it - it was like a story showing/telling how things fit together.

So if you have a specific life you want answers on, from your post i assume you already have caught glimses of it and want to know more – you could ask yourself for dreams about that life. But know that things will unveil themselves at the right time.

ive had dreams which appear to be of past lives.

for example i might dream that im in a tribe, in an old village somewhere… i mean, why would i dream of this when I “know” im not in any sort of tribe.

I am interested in this past-life stuff, I am still learning… its great,

i once had an OBE, and out of nowhere I just go into this place that looked like the 80s or 90s, there is a man and a woman, and i’m looking at a fisher price toy, like a refrigerator or something, and I’m scared of the man, like, he’s an abusive father or something.

or maybe I was him, I don’t know.

wow here it is, i’m so glad i wrote it down, i don’t remember huge portions of this.

I think I had a dream about a past life, I was in a crib and I had my pampers ripped off of me, it seems. It was dark. I was above the crib then I was looking up from the baby’s point of view.

There are very nice books on the subject of past lives and using htem as a therapy by Dr. Brain Weiss:

brianweiss.com/thebooks.htm

Also, from spiritual prospective, you can read books like
"life beyond physical death " and “sleep dreams and spiritual reflections” by Sri Ram Sharma Acharya which can be downloaded for free at

awgp.org/english/books/books_english.html

Hope this links are useful… Let me know…

Vipul…

well, it is an interesting topic. i wonder though, are you asking about past lives from earth? i assume tahts waht you mean, like youv’e seen little snipetts of past earth lives. i feel that most everything reflected in LDs is something we have experienced, are experiencing, and will experience. i dont, however, believe that its that important to recapitulate these past lives. im sure you can find more out about yourself, but at the same time, you can be finding more out about your future self, which to me is much more worth while.

I also have an interest in finding my past lives.

From what I can gather I was some kind of soldier or perhaps in the airforce in WW2. But I wasn’t always human either but rather an alien.

The things we see in HH may help with clues also. But it’s difficult if not impossible to verify most of the time. I could be completely wrong about who I think I was.