Learn to wake yourself up in LDs

Are you getting enough sleep? I ask because you mentioned you were going to school. I know I had poor sleep habits when I was going to school. Poor sleep habits can definitely effect your dream recall. Consumption of alcohol can also adversely influence your dream recall.

Just a thought

Happy Dreaming

hi… thanks for your answers!

i know, it sounds weird, but i have a horrible dream recall when the alarm clock wakes me.
when i wake up by myself, my recall is much better!

my LD’s ARE very vivid, and they happen regularly… it was much training to archive this.
i also trained NOT to wake up… i guess i suceeded in this :eh:

in the morning, i often have the lucid feeling, or even remember parts of my lucid dream. but its sometimes frustrating to know you’ve been lucid, unable to remember what you did.

when you wake up out of REM directly, dream recalling is the best! i think your brain has no time to “wipe” the memories!

“wake up devices” don’t work for me. most of the times a FA is the result!

i’ll try not to move and look around… maybe this helps me to wake up… we’ll see :wink:

Pixelmonster

You could try and play around with this though. Try and wake up ½ hour earlier or later. Maybe then you will wake out of rem instead of deep sleep. It might take some doing but if you play around with either your bed time or wake up time it might help.

Happy Dreaming

hmm yer school sucked on my recall, plus teh stress of testing week and assignments but all taht is behind me now :cool: well for 2 weeks anyway, and my recall is comming abck which is even better

but i think you are right, time to change my sleeping rountine :happy:

This morning I actually woke myself up from a dream. It was a WILD and for some reason i could somehow feel the dream and I knew that I could have stayed in it longer. But for some reason I had a hard time standing up, it felt like I was standing on a boat. It got anoying and I had lots of dreams to write down before I forgot them. So decided to wake myself up. I just sort of let go of the dream and woke up.

yer it is hard as all hell to explain that feeling isnt it… i wish i could…