Levels of Lucidity

whats the lvl of lucidity where you keep losing visuals?

It seems that losing visuals is related to too much wake consciousness in your dream. It often happens when you just reach lucidity, or when you are awakening. But I’m not sure… :shy:

I’ve another idea about levels of lucidity : don’t you feel that higher lucidity levels are related to the upwards direction ? I’ll take an example to make this clearer : it was in a ND. My lucidity level has increased by steps, until I reached full lucidity :

Did you notice something like that, like your level of lucidity increases when you are going upwards ?

I assume this connection between height and lucidity can exist for many people, but it is not just for every one. Though most of my LDs start in my apartment, and, as it is situated on the sixth level, I must have been rather high… And once I became lucid while going upstairs. But, at the same time, in my first LDs I twice became lucid while going out of a building, having descended from the second floor, so this rule seems to not work with me.

Well, no one is going to kick me out with this classification, or add something themselves, so I’m continuing with low-lucid dreams. Only several subcategories, I don’t want to spend anyone’s time and traffic.
=> Chaotic lucid dreams. They are just halfway from hypnagogic sequences to real wake-induced lucid dreams; combine very high level of awareness with low level of stability, control, and vividness. The subject of most of them is flying in some dark spaces filled with strange objects.
=> Calm awareness dreams. They represent a subcategory of tacit lucidity on common scale and programmed dreams in my classification; include explicit awareness of being dreaming without paying much attention to this fact. You may think, for example, that scratches, received here, in the dream, will leave no scars in real life. But you are too involved in the plot to reject its line.
=> Locked lucid dreams. They are highly realistic dreams with very low control.
=> Illusory lucid dreams. The opposite situation: high control and low realism, everything looks like wreaths of mist you can do anything with.
=> Lucid dreams with distorted idea of reality. You are aware of being dreaming and having control on the situation, but when you think about your waking life, you imagine it somehow wrongly. This sort of dreams has several specific subcategories:

1. Pseudo-sleepwalking lucid dreams. Their feature is fear of possible influence on movements of the dreamer’s real life body and someone noticing it. This fear can be justified (for example, if you just breathe too rapidly) or absurd (if you think you can be seen hanging in the air somewhere under the ceiling), with a wide range of intermediate situations. Such dreams often end with forced awakening, but they must be distinguished from voluntary awakening dreams, because full or partial awareness comes here much earlier then the awakening itself.
  2. Pseudo-OBE. This thing can be rather usual for some people’s wake-induced lucid dreams. In fact, I don’t know much about OBE, to tell the truth, I don’t believe in them, but even if they are possible, you don’t necessary have an OBE every time you dream about your bedroom.
  3. Lucid dreams inside non-lucid dreams. I never had them, but read about such things in these forums. You fall asleep in a dream, see a dream of next level and are aware that it is a dream, but think that the events happened before falling asleep were real.
  4. False memory dream. You think you can remember things, which happened to you before, in real life, though they never happened, neither in real life nor in this dream. There are also non-lucid dreams of this type.