Lost (the tv series)

What the hell!

SPOILER - Click to view

How did they get off the Island? and how can they carry it on for another 3 seasons if they’re off the island

Heh, I think a lot of people felt that way upon seeing the finale. :tongue:

[spoiler]A flash-back is essentially like a flash-forward, which is most likely what we saw (though I think it’s also possible Desmond or even Locke simply foresaw the future). I think the next two or three seasons will still center on the island, all the while giving the viewers the knowledge that the castaways do indeed make it home.

Overall, I thought it was a very good episode. There were some great twists and surprises, and a lot of meaningful and poignant moments. My favorites were when:

*We discover Sayid, Jin, and Bernard are really okay
*Hurley saves the day in his VW van
*Rousseau finally meets her daughter, Alex
*Penny Widmore talks with Charlie
*Charlie’s entire performance and graceful finish (good thinking with the whole “Not Penny’s Boat” message)

I was so moved by some of this episode and the shocking conclusion that I even wrote a poem about it. Heh.[/spoiler]

I think it strange but cool how Mihkail cannot die.

So…

SPOILER - Click to view

why didn’t charlie just run out, and close the door behind him, or just swim out the window, he was small enough. And who so you think was in the coffin, at this point I have no idea. I think they’re going back to the island, and having new characters (i.e. another plane crash or something along those lines)

I just saw the finale episode of this season and I was a little disappointed

[spoiler]
the best moment was Hugo coming to the rescue with the van :yay:
in the flash-forward … jack said about bringing his father down to see if he was more drunk than his father … BUT HIS FATHER IN THE STORYLINE SO FAR IS DEAD!
it’s odd that some characters have a link to the island and are revived when killed…
Desmond, Locke and Mihkail
… and who is this Jacob? that Ben can see and hear but locke only heard???

The amount of graphic violence in this double episode did spoil it for me :sad: [/spoiler]

To cue5c:

SPOILER - Click to view

I think that it is impossible to lock the door from the outside, so the water would still gush in. What I don’t understand is why they both didn’t just jump back into the moon pool and swim to the surface. The station was pretty much useless anyway.

I think my fav part of the finale was when

SPOILER - Click to view

I don’t really watch the show, but HAHA made you look!

:scream:
I slowly highlighted it because i’m nosy and expected some more juicy info but NOOOooo!

[spoiler] I’ve found an Image of the newspaper cutting which says a J______ _Antham is the person who died, Although they might have put a radom name thinking ppl won’t see it or it could be someone from the rescue team.
EDIT: see for yourself lostpedia.com/images/d/d4/Ne … pping2.jpg [/spoiler]

Regarding Charlie…

SPOILER - Click to view

I think he easily could have escaped from the room and The Looking Glass station as well. Instead of cheating future deaths again and again, he chose to accept his fate and die heroically. I think the actor who played him, Dominic Monaghan, also wanted it this way. He preferred to leave the show on an upswing. He got just that.

[spoiler]Someone brought to my attention that the flash-forward may have been a flash-back (as I originally thought it was until the very end). At first that seems crazy, but it could be interesting. That would imply, of course, that Jack had already been on the island and was trying to get back. He would have also had to have known Kate previously.
It seems really far-fetched, but it would be more interesting than just knowing that they get off the island. And personally, I hope they don’t follow the path that they introduced in those scenes for the future, because Jack looks pretty bad.

There are so many things that could be explained in the show utilizing the informations we’ve been given…and so many things that can’t be seen due to the writers’ story-telling. It’s hard to say whether Jack’s father is alive (flash-back or magic), or if Jack was just so hopped up on drugs that he forgot his dad was dead. The latter seems unlikely to me, simply because it would be a cheap way to confuse the audience.[/spoiler]

SPOILER - Click to view

I had a dream last night where the island was a small island in the middle of a bay on a huge coastal city somewhere… the world was amazed when the “veil” was lifted off the island, and they could see the people on it. It was a very emotional dream.

Am I the only one that is still obsessed with the show even though I’ve finished all their episodes to date? God I don’t know if i can wait until Febuary! I’m so obsessed!

For any Lost addicts check out :
Season 1 Bloopers
LOST Season 2 Bloopers
Top Ten Signs your Obsessed with LOST

:happy:

Ive seen all the episodes and I really liked the whole story at first! :happy: Was so obsessed. :tongue: But… its getting disappointing lately. :sigh: Seems like the name of the show is about the creators, which are lost in their own storyline. [spoiler]In my opinion, they could end the show before making it so confusing. I dont like the idea of characters to be revived after they die. A lot. :anx:

Cant decide if im going to watch further episodes. It would be interestig to see how this is going to end, but, on the other hand, i dont want to lose this not bad impression after seeing even more muddle to come. :meh: [/spoiler]

added spoiler tags

Lost is my favourite series!

I didn’t like the end of season 3. [spoiler]The island became too happy.
I became so sad when Charlie died. :bambi: I almost cried. Just when I started to like him, he had to die like a hero… Aw.
Maybe Kate quits Lost too, since Charlie is dead (Dom and Evangeline are engaged, I think. In love, anyways) I hope she doesn’t.
And the flashforward spoiled everything :meh: [/spoiler]

Anyways, I’m looking forward to the next season! :happy:

please remember to use the spoiler tags, so the series isn’t spoilt for members that haven’t seen all the episodes yet :moogle:

[spoiler]text here [/spoiler]

I LOVE LOST! sorry, i know it told me it’s not that good to type in ALL CAPS, but i was really excited! i’ve been having LOST withdrawal since the season ended, though…
:help:

oh, no, i forgot [spoiler]Charlie died[/spoiler]
now i’m sad
:cry:

substituted spoiler tag for white font that can still be read :moogle:

I never did watch Lost when it first came out, but i ended up watching the first episode about a month ago and became hooked. I watched all 3 seasons within a few weeks…lol
Am now anticipating the 4th season.