Lucid Dreaming and My Lord????

Mmm, interesting topic. I used to be a born again christian, but have now converted to being a heathen. :tongue:

Anyway I remember the old ways used to pretty much think of meditation, hypnosis etc as evil but I don’t recall them having mentioned anything to do with LD. Can’t see how it can be a sin since it’s often involuntary and natural. Only you can determine (based on your belief system) if what you do in an LD is a sin or not.

Personally when I LD I undulge in the lusts of the flesh a lttle but I don’t go on rampages anymore. I tried a couple of rampages but it just didn’t feel right, even if it wasn’t real.

Bottom line is, do what you feel is the right thing to do but don’t beat yourself up over it if you do something “wrong”. Often we are not ourselves in our dreams.

I agree with moogle…for all christians here on the forum you also could meditate with no thoughts and love in the heart…love is not a thougth but a feeling. So you still could be empty of mind.

Jeff

If they (SGs) are real, why do they have to be evil? Why can’t they be good spirits? The universe is a big place with many dimensions, and we’ve only glimpsed an infintesmal part of it. And we understand even less than what we’ve seen. Why does everything unknown have to be “evil.” :bored:

Has to do with religion and the bible sage!
They dont believe that good ppl or spirits can visit earth from the heavens!
Some christians i think believe you are dead till judgement day!
Jeff

There’s a verse in the Bible that says, All sins are equal in the eyes of the Lord. Each and every thought or action is judged as either acceptable or an abomination to God. It’s sin or it’s not. There are no “degrees” of sin. Except for Catholics… they’ve made up their own rules about sin (not that there’s anything wrong with that.) :wink:

I know this Jeff, but why believe this? I don’t think there’s anything in the Bible that says all spirits are evil servants of the devil. :neutral:

Glad to hear you turned heathen learjet, i wish more would follow :content:

So what about the other religions, whats there views on LD?

It also says about testing any spirits to see if they are good or evil. So all spirits are not presumed to be evil.

Sage i think that is because religion doesnt want that individuals take life in their own hands. So religion often says we all should be treated and living alike it forgets we are not all alike…so it starts from that we are not fit to take our own responsibility! Thats mainly it.
Weird thing is angels can and may visit you in your dreams from religion point of view!

So if you say an angel met you in your dreams then its ok if you say spirit guide then its wrong for a christian!

Jeff

Interesting Moogle!
I think that means that a spirit that visits you in your sleep, when it brings love and wisdom is not nessesarry a bad thing then seen from the Christian view, or am I wrong here?

Greetz,
Jeff

You’re right. :wiske:

It has to be an angel - actually - but I wouldn’t be certain what it really is.
It could be from God, from the evil one or from one’s own mind.

One needs to Discern…

Once I dreamt a saint appeared to me - it was a vivid dream - super vivid actually - I was automatically aware it was a dream and he gave me a message to remember because it was important. The numbers he mentioned were 15 and 11.

I don’t know what it meant, probably nothing at all.

If I see numbers like that the first thing I try is lotto. :wink:

Equally offensive to God, yes.

Equally bad on your part, no… There’s a difference between telling a lie and killing someone for instance…

You could always have looked up 15:11 in a part of the bible and saw if it was relevant to you at that time.

Yes, but only according to “man’s laws.” :neutral:

I tried that, no it wasn’t. The only thing I found was 11 from September 11 and 15 was the local time when it happened. But I’m not American so I don’t think it was relevant to me at least. I expected it to be either end-times related actually, or the feastday of some blessed (not yet declared a saint). I tried to trace the name (Luka) of this DC (very rosy cheeks) and could not find any connection or resemblance.

It felt like it was not what my mind had planned to dream. I did pray for God to give me the meaning, but I found out nothing so it’s likely it was just the fruit of my mind. Also, there is no Revelations 15:11, but there is 11:15:
"The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will reign for ever and ever.”

In a sense I knew it was a dream while it happened, so I guess you could say I was lucid, then woke up straight away with this decision to remember the dream! You could say I was shocked.

Might be different in the effects (on yourself and on other persons).

Getting the neighbour to suffer the loss of his car is not the same as torturing and killling him.

In the eyes of God, it’s the same, yes. But the effects on people are different. On the one who sins and on the other people (the community).

I found this interesting link - it’s a catholic diocese website:

dioceseoflincoln.org/purple/sin/sin2.htm

It says
“It is impossible to commit any sins while sleeping and dreaming.”

It doesn’t mention LD’s - but it’s the same type of process after all, dreaming.

Interesting link, but then again, catholics say a lot of things… :wink: