Lucid dreaming without Reality Checks: Is it possible?

Well i guess you could also do WILD without RCs, since you enter directly the dream and dont need to test whether it’s RL or not.

you don’t have to take RCs so seriously. Just if you come to think of it, have a look at your hand or something, read a piece of text twice. or just reflect, are things normal right now? You don’t have to make a big deal of it.

I used wild, and had an OBE style dream, where I entered the dream where I was lying. Knowing I was dream, I went out of my room to a third storey window to fly off, but as I was climbing out I thought I’d better make sure, so I did two reality checks. They mislead me. They told me I wasn’t dreaming, so I actually went down a floor and climbed out on to a the roof to fly of, just in case I wasn’t dreaming. I was dreaming; I flew off, and I’ve never been able to to that in real life (and I have tried).

My experience is once you start to get a lot of LD’s (through practise), you start to get them without any effort (so no RC’s needed as well). Getting to that point is the real problem of course.

As of today, I have never tried of making RCs a habit, and I think I will keep on doing that, because they are not crucial for me.
I only use them to extend the length of my lucid dreams.
And because I only use WILD to lucid dream.