Lucid or No?

Uh, hi. New here.

Anyway, last night I tried the WBTB technique. I woke up about 5 hours after I fell asleep. I wrote what I remembered of my dream down. Then I surfed the web about lucid dreaming to keep my mind on it. I also went to the bathroom. This was all about 20 or 30 minutes, then I tried to fall back asleep while using the MILD technique.

It was hard falling asleep but when I finally did I was at some dojo in the early morning in my dream and out of nowhere I just held my nose and I found I could breath perfectly. So I knew I was dreaming, but I didn’t feel lucid. I don’t know how to describe it… I knew I was dreaming, I yelled “awareness”, and I looked and focused on my hands, but I still felt like I wasn’t part of my dream. I was like watching my dream body… I guess. But I barely had control. My dream body was doing all this stuff and I didn’t even think about doing it.

What the heck happened?

First of Welcome haha im kinda new to and I think what you had was called a FLD(False Lucid Dream) which is you know your lucid in the dream but you not conscious of it if that makes since. Ill take a look and see if FLD is the what happened and get back to you.

Ah, no. Close, but not quite there. By definition, a lucid dream just means that you knew it was a dream. Since he did know it was a dream, he was lucid, just a very weak lucid, I’m guessing.

Congradulations on a LD then how long have you been trying to get LD for? And just in case your currious about FLD a link to a good topic about it is https://community.ld4all.com/t/how-to-seperate-an-fld-from-an-ld/34336/5 which had some good definitions.

Thanks. I’ve been trying for about two months now but yesterday was the first time I tried WBTB/MILD. And if it was very weak, how do I become more lucid?