Lucid Questions

Hi! I’m completely new to lucid dreaming, and I have a few questions to ask before trying to have a lucid dream.

1. I’m a little paranoid about surprises. When you watch a horror movie, you know that feeling when the character is walking around, the dun-dun-dun-dun music is playing, and you somehow know the machete wielding man is around the corner? I’m like that all the time. Will this translate into constant nightmares when lucid?

2. Not too long ago, I was in bed trying to sleep. I have a little cousin, and I vividly imagined him coming up to hug me. The second his arms touched me, an intense falling feeling came over me. Was this a “black hole” feeling I’m hearing so much about?

Thanks you! :content:

Edit- Thanks MatrixManNe0! I’ll give lucid dreaming a try!

1. Not necessarily. A lot of times, the expected happens in lucid dreams, yet there are many occasions where the unexpected happens. And even if you are scared about it, don’t worry about it. Why? Because it’s just a dream.

2. I don’t know exactly how to explain that one…

And welcome to the forums! Don’t forget to introduce yourself! :wink:

Hi and welcome! Well, I wouldn’t worry much about this. Dreams DO surprise you, but it’s really rare to get lucid nightmares.

The main reason for this is that, if you’re lucid, you’ll most probably get rid of anything that scares you. I remember more than once making monsters disappear with a wave of my hands in LDs. You’ll know it’s not real, so it’s okay. If you want to be safe, just don’t think about it. It’s thought that controls dreams, so basically, if you think a monster will show up, it will show up. This is the case, most of the time, so just relax and have fun! :happy:

Well, it’s hard to say for sure, but what you describe is one of the usual effects. You may have used WILD accidentally… that “vivid imagination” sounds a lot like HI, and so does the feeling. But mind you, this kind of effect depends on person to person. I usually hear snippets of random conversation, but on my latest successful WILD attempt, I could only heard radio-like buzzing. You’ll learn to feel the difference between this things with time and practice :smile:

It’s actually hard to be surprised in a normal dream, if you think about it. When else could you see amazing/illogical/confusing stuff, and not notice it? Which is why it’s so hard to become lucid.

Although sometimes completely normal things have triggered lucidity for me… weird.