Lucidity Challenge 42—Winner: Wyvern!

^ I’ve updated the scores with these, but they unfortunately fall just short of getting you to the next place. Still, points are points!

/me was a dragon hatching from an egg last night in a short LD… does that count? XD

^ Well, I told the Travelers that participating in an event counted as viewing an event if they weren’t blind, so I suppose this counts. I’ve awarded you those points.

Long LD where I shot fire from hands (it actually worked this yime)

Medium LD where I talked with Ysim

^ Did you talk to Ysim in his draconic form, or was he just some guy? I will assume you did the task as written and have preemptively given you the points for it, but I do have to ask.

I’ve updated the scores and will likely formally announce the standings within an hour, as I don’t imagine anybody has things left to post.

Okay, let’s end it here! The final standings are…!

1. Wyvern (2525)
  2. drd (2020)
  3. Rhewin (1560)
  4. Scipio Xaos (1370)
  5. Siiw (910)
  6. HeadInTheClouds (890)
  7. Koharo (885)
  8. Lucidis (735)
  9. Eterna (650)
  10. Oleg (510)
  11. Letaali (420)
  12. James_UK2008 (410)
  13. Hodge_Podge (380)
  14. Loah (340)
  15. demented (160)
  16. ian1 (70)
  17. Yev (45)
  18. paual (5)
  19. mr_Block (0)
    Much to everybody’s surprise, Wyvern has won Lucidity Challenge 42! That said, many, many people did incredibly well in this LC, and I hope the competition stays fierce in the future and that the next LC is as much fun as people had with this one.

While I have talked with people and I believe I know who is hosting the next LC, I do need to post formally about it and go through the proper channels so that anybody declining hosting has one last chance to change his/her mind. ahem Wyvern, you have the right to host LC 43, split hosting duty among the participants directly below you in the rankings, decline hosting, or whatever you see fit for LC 43. If you decline, then I will present the same privilege to drd, and so on and so forth until a host is found.

As I said last week, I hope that something from the LC sticks with you throughout your future lucid dreams. We had people who practiced psychic powers at one time and gained immeasurable strength at another time. We had people who went to places as mundane as McDonald’s to explore their dreamscapes and also went to places as amazing as another planet. We had people who were microscopic in one dream and gargantuan beasts in another dream. While I am aware that the team structure is very unlikely to be used again in any future LCs, I look forward to the next host providing an equally amazing and varied experience.

[center]

Thanks to everybody who participated![/center]

First of all, I’d just like to say thanks for hosting the most awesome LC I’ve participated in yet. The teams were fun and I got to know more of the community better as a result. I hope future TMs could continue the system but I know that’s probably unlikely. In any case, the LC will always continue to evolve and change and that’s one of the things that are so great about it.
Unless you’re one of those lame people who can’t handle change. :tongue:

Also, congrats to drd, who caught me by surprise and did an awesome job. Really wasn’t expecting someone new to do that well.

Anyway, I won’t be hosting or participating in the next LC. I already hosted the last one, so I think someone else should be given the chance. I also need a break. Besides, I still have some awesome new ideas as a result of this LC to iron out. My goal appears to not be about winning the LC, but now I have to outdo Thorn as TM. :razz:

Congratulations Wyvern! :cool_laugh:

Congrats Wyvern :good:

Okay, so since Wyvern has declined hosting, and since I received this preemptive message last night…

…the privilege goes to Rhewin. Rhewin, please tell us if you intend to host/co-host/etc. or if you will decline and pass your hosting privilege along to Scipio Xaos.

So theoretically, what if EVERYONE declines the position? What would then happen?

:rofl: Doing a RC would be a good idea :tongue:

I should add that if anybody has any comments to make on the LC, please feel free to do so! I know that I ran a very atypical LC, hence why I don’t anticipate something similar happening again. I know that the views of the LC from the outside and from the inside are very different, but I think the next host could stand to hear those views.

Oleg, I already know that the host will be one of two people; I checked all the way down the line until I found somebody that definitely wanted to host, but I need to exhibit this process on the forum to give everybody one last chance to change his/her mind. Granted, both of the expected people could suddenly decline, but I doubt it. If everybody declined… well, I guess I get to keep my spot on the throne!

/me flees!

Congratulations Wyvern, and thank you Thorn for a really fun LC. I’ve never liked group incubations, but the teams really were an interesting idea.

I’m sorry to say I’m still decidedly undecided on hosting. If I can think of a line of tasks that I am happy with, I will host. Otherwise, I will pass. I will have a final answer for you by Monday.

I just so happened to go through the list of previous challenges, and I happened to notice Task 21. What the heck happened? :1

/me coughs sneaking in

What happened there is a typo. LC #21 was run by Shadow Dreamer, one of the winners of LC 20. Someone should probably fix that. :peek:

And the TM seems to have disappeared before posting the final scores. Also checked the first LC and noticed that the LC is a 7 years old tradition soon. It was started on 12th of June.

Maybe we should take a break from regular TMs and convince Ian1 to come and host. I bet he’d find it funny, anyway.

/me runs and hides

After a lot of thought, I will be hosting the LC. I expect to have the sign-ups posted soon, by Friday night at the latest.

Congratulations Wyvern. :smile:

Thorn, you were a great host, and I really enjoyed my first LC, (before going AWOL that is!) Thanks for taking the time to be so involved with everyone. I think it definitely helps with people’s motivation.