Lucidity Challenge 44—Winner: drd

Mwahahah, just you wait until I get a proper lucid dream :devil:

I didn’t get a proper lucid dream last night, but I did get lucid.

Helloooooo LCers. I had a short LD with no tasks completed the other night. Last night I had a medium length LD, and I completed a few tasks. I jumped Higher than possible IWL, I rode a boar, and I threw a fireball that bounced. I only threw the fireball, my clothes didn’t change color like Mario’s would if he picked up a fireflower. IDK if that counts.

Does this count for the “drive a go-kart, motorcycle or ATV” subtask?

I for sure jumped high in a ND last night. I also might have fought a gorilla, in that I had an epic rhythm game-battle with Donkey Kong. Also I entered a giant green pipe-shaped entrance, but I didn’t really enter a pipe, I guess?

obfusc8, full body transformation isn’t something everybody’s into in LDs, but it’s at least an interesting diversion. Best of luck with that subtask. :smile:

En’enra, you didn’t tell me the length of that lucid dream, so I’ve marked it as medium; please tell me if this is not correct. Also, judging by your post, the battle’s going to be more painful than playful, isn’t it? :tongue:

drd, it doesn’t count, but not because of the lack of color. The subtask says to use a power-up, not the resultant power. Much of the LC can be done via willpower, but sometimes I want you to interact with something in the dream.

Susan_Y, simply ask yourself if it was a go-kart, motorcycle, or ATV. The dream you linked doesn’t say what the vehicle was, so if you can clarify that a fitting vehicle was used, I can award points.

Mew151, I’ll count the jump (cool suit :happy: ), but I’m not using “fight” as a synonym for “compete with”. You don’t literally have to engage in fisticuffs or wrestling—I’d count playing a certain part in a King Kong movie, for example—but it does need to be a confrontation with a hint of violence.

The scores are updated.

It felt about ten minutes long. I had the time to talk about what I saw around me and try to move stuff around, so I think it was medium.

We’ll see. :whistle:

By ATV, do you mean the thing that’s also known as a quad bike? (Rather than a 4 wheel drive Sport Utility Vehicle, like a Land Rover, or even a rally car like a Mitsubishi Evolution). If a specific vehicle type is wanted, I think I’m going to call my dream a near miss. A Toyota AE86 would be canonical for the kind of driving I was doing (see, for example. Initial D).

Another dream I had my photo taken, which is one way to find out what I look like in the dream. (There usually aren’t any mirrors). Sadly. I wasn’t wearing Link’s tunic, so no points for me there.

En’enra, y u so mean? :cry:

Yes, Susan_Y, it is also known as a quad bike.

I decided it would be a turn-based tickle fight. With a giant feather.

Medium lucid dream with jumping

Lucid dream.

That was a couple of minutes lucid, which is medium-length for me. It was entered either with actual Wake Induced Lucid Dream, or by me dreaming that I’m doing WILD. (I’m not completely sure which, as I didn’t spot the transition from the waking state). I haven’t succeeded with WILD before, so I’m inclined to count it as a new technique.

No subtasks completed (or at least, completed and remembered). I can’t remember fully the bit where I’m dreaming that I’m having hypnagogic hallucinations while incubating the Lucidity Challenge tasks, which is a shame, because there might have been some points in there. (I’m assuming that an actual HH doesn’t count, but a full dream of having a HH of the task that then turns into a 1 or 2 second dream of the task would count).

I’ve updated the scores with the most recent posts.

Two lucid dreams last night.

First one was short, no tasks.
Second one was medium. Attempted personal goal again but didn’t get very far. :sad: But I finally managed to complete a task I’d incubated for the previous lucid challenge… find my pet! :woo:

LD

Letaali, you didn’t give me an LD length, but a quick read makes it sound like a short one. If this is wrong, please correct me (and say the length in advance next time :tongue:).

I’ve updated the scores.

It was short Thorn. 2 LDs today One short and the other my longest.

I went through a portal several times. Not sure if I completed anything else.

Dream. With desert, temple, and En’enra. I think this counts for the Explorer team dream. If I remember correctly, En’enra is on the Hero team. so no bonus points for having a dream character of another team member. This was in one of the earlier dream cycles of the night (ending 4AM), which I usually don’t have much control over.

Letaali, it looks like you earned points for “reorient your personal gravity” as well, and if I could give an A for effort for growing as you did, I would. :smile: Congratulations on your longest LD!

I’ve updated the scores.

2 long LDs last night. The tasks I believe I completed:

Use a mask as a TF trigger
Use music to manipulate the dream
Cause an earthquake.

My DJ: [community.ld4all.com/t/drd-tales/39779/13)

^ I’ve added these into the scores.

Task 4 will be posted tomorrow. It seems like this week’s task had plenty of interest but very few subtask completions, so it’ll only take a few completions tonight to sway which team wins the advantage for Task 4!