Lucidity Challenge 54 Winner DTDownUnder!

Thanks for encouraging :content:
However, I am not sure I will be able to take part in next Lucid Challenges unfortunately, big changes are coming in my life for the next six months…

Anyways, claiming points for a Long LD yesterday (not posted in DJ yet), during which I fly, drive, walk in a LEGO exposition. No tasks completed…

I fell off the grid for a bit there. I have been out of town teaching abseiling and then on a hunting trip.
I had two lucids while I was away.
They where both medium length.
I completed - Make an art work in your dream. In the first LD (was completed in week two) and nothing in the second.
LINK TO DJ

Another lucid this morning, medium length DILD, in which I get naked in a city park and fly over the trees, touching them

I thought about LC tasks, but didn’t manage to complete any

LINK TO DJ (added also previous lucid)

No points for me, as I’m hosting, but lucid dream in which I become lucid through an unusual (for me) reality check: I realize that I can still see even if I close my eyes.

Three Normal and two Lucids this morning :content:

Claiming points for two short LD, plus below tasks (performed during DILD / DEILD)

• See the Eiffel Tower
  • Visit a French café
  • Have a drink in the café

Short LD this morning. No tasks, though I did have an intense dance-off with a few celebrities.

Claiming Points for a small LD:

I have done my Personal Quest.
I heard music but I don t remember if it was only the singer singing or really instruments in addition to the music.
I also have seen a lot of colors but I think I have claimed that already.

Dream Journal

Week 4 - Cezanne

After a few weeks in the big city, a trip out to the countryside comes as a peaceful change. A guy you’ld met at Picasso’s party had invited you out to visit; you reach into your pocket and pull out the note with his address. Soon, you are standing at the platform of a railway station. The locomotive pulls in; hissing steam, black coal smoke, gleaming brass fittings. All aboard! And you are away. Looking out the window, the outskirts of Paris soon give way to something more rural. The trees on the railway embankment flash past in a blur. And then, as the track goes around a bend, you see the slopes of Mount Saint-Victoire in the distance. Before long, you arrive at the station. A man is there to meet you: he is balding, but with a black bushy beard. His wife is also there: short dark hair, a dress with a high neckline. She is carrying a basket, filled wih apples, a baggette, a small bottle of wine. “I made a picnic for you.” He shakes your hand, then says “No time to waste; let’s go and walk up the mountain.”

This weeks tasks:

• Ride on a train - 10 points
    – The train is a steam train - +10 points
    – See the view out of the train’s window - +10 points
  • Climb a large hill/small (not difficult) mountain - 20 points
    – See the view from the mountain - +10 points
  • Have a picnic outdoors - 20 points
  • have a drink (alcoholic or otherwise) at the picnic - +10 points
  • Eat some French cheese (anywhere) - 10 points
  • See the set up for a “still life” painting, either indoors on a table or outdoors on a picnic blanket. Typical objects (artfully arranged) might include fruit, flowers, a small plaster statuette… - 10 points

Actually I noticed that from my last lucid I can also claim the LD4ALL Monthly quest points ! (travel somewhere) :happy:

So many nice tasks, so few lucids :sad:

Here’s a short LD with no tasks accomplished.

Small LD to claim last night.

I don t remember much except I was swimming outdoor at some point (hard to tell whether it was a lake, an ocean or anything, I also forgot the exact description of the task as I went for a swim

Link

Another Short LD.

Neighbor is a Hostage - Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 4
Medium LDs: 1
Long LDs: 1

Task 1: ~ none ~
Task 2: ~ none ~
Task 3: ~ none ~
Task 4: ~ none ~
Side Task: See a Color | Feel a Texture, Taste Something
[/spoiler]

No points for me, as I’m hosting, but the mountain task from week four turned up in this non-lucid dream.

And this non-lucid dream is a hint for week 5 - last week of this challenge - which I’ll post tomorrow.

Here’s a medium-length lucid dream. I still haven’t accomplished any tasks.

Crappy recall this week

Short LD this morning, I was driving a tank, like from a third person perspective, and shooting to a white pick-up. I landed a few hits even though it was zig-zaging.

No tasks achieved…

I am going to post to my DJ soon

Medium LD last night.

I tried to do 3 different tasks but in the end, I am not sure whether I did any…

At least I start doing a few LDs :happy:
DJ here

Sorry for the slight delay - this week’s tasks will be posted tomorrow.

Week 5 - Escher

You are in the foyer of a large office building. Ariadne and Arthur are talking as they walk up the steps from the ground floor. They never reach the first floor; instead, after they follow the staircase around for four turns, they arrive back at their original destination. Arthur: “But that’s a …” Ariadne puts her finger to her lips. “Sh…I know. back when I was in college, everyone had an Escher print in their dorm room. Cobb hasn’t figured it out yet; it should take him another five minutes,” Ariadne steps off the staircase and stands beside a sculpture in the building’s foyer. It is a polished metal sphere, about her height, that reflects her image and the coloured tiles on the building’s floor.

Tasks for this week:

• Walk up a staircase (any normal staircase will do) - 10 points
    – Continuing up the staircase returns you to your starting point - +20 points
    – Gravity affects different DCs differently (90 degree shift) so for some DC’s the treads of the stairwell appear vertical and the risers horizontal - +20 points
  • See the scene reflected in a non-flat mirror, such as a sphere - 20 points
    – See yourself reflected In a non-flat mirror - +20 points
  • See a tiled floor, wall or other surface - 10 points
    – The tiling is the Penrose tiling, or some close approximation thereof. (I’ll count it even if you can’t remember exactly correctly). +30 points
    – The tiling is on the floor, and it is a tiling of a hyperbolic plane +30 points
    — The tiling is a tiling of a hyperbolic plane and the space you are actually in behaves like hyperbolic geometry: if you walk along to the next tile, the shapes of all the other tiles warp so that the overall image is exactly the same as it was before, with you still in the centre, and you haven’t made any progress. (See Maurits Escher’s Circle Limit III if that explanation is unclear. +20 points

4 Hours ago I had a ND where I was in a normal Train (funny point because I was actually sleeping in a train IRL)

So claiming points for “Ride a train”, too bad you already posted the new week :smile:

I have to add I find the new week super interesting!

Yet another Short LD.

Pink Garden Hose - Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 5
Medium LDs: 1
Long LDs: 1

Task 1: ~ none ~
Task 2: ~ none ~
Task 3: ~ none ~
Task 4: ~ none ~
Task 5: ~ none ~
Side Task: See a Color | Feel a Texture, Taste Something