Lucidity Challenge 56 - Winner: MearaDelia !

These are great tasks for week 4 - thanks!

How much of the book do we need to read for the ‘read a book’ task? Will a few words/sentences do?

By the way: there’s some published research on the occurrence of smell/touch/taste in people’s dreams:

Prevalence of auditory, olfactory, and gustatory experiences in home dreams. Zadra, Nielsen and Donderi. Perceptual and Motor Skills, number 87, pages 819-826, 1998.

P.S. I think I have the olfactory equivalent of aphantasia — I can’t even imagine a smell that isn’t physically present.

^^ Wait, people can summon up/imagine smells that aren’t there too? Guess I shouldn’t be surprised…

Found an upside to my Aphantasia - in the lunch room, when other people are eating, I can describe the gory bits of horror films/shows or surgery, bodily functions, and they’re all grossed out, presumably because they are actually visualising it in detail. And I’m like, yeah, whatever, nom nom nom. :tongue: (Silver linings and all that… nah I’d still rather be able to visualise.)

Anyway, I heard someone singing in one of these lucids here. So Hear something task + voice, since it was unaccompanied

EDIT - Singing and anything else relevant to week 4 was before I read the tasks, so don’t count any of that for this week.

I’ve got no idea if anyone can do that! The paper “Lives without imagery – congenital aphantasia” by Zeman et al reports the results from a questionnaire that asked, among other things. “Are all types of imagery affected, or can you imagine sounds (including music), textures (by imagined touch), tastes or smells?” But as it doesn’t break out smells from sounds into a separate question, it doesn’t tell us how many people have olfactory imagery.

Noted.

No need to worry - I specified it only on week 2, but all the previous weeks’ tasks remain current, so feel free to go after them if they seem interesting !

Even just a word. Heck, if the book has picture and you look at them, I will make it valid anyway. It has to be fun, not stress :smile:

Fantasy kinda running out :tongue:

Noted

Scores updated

Had an LD here this morning which at around 2-3 minutes long make it a medium one for me. Noa tasks completed but featured a nice transformation into a Xenomorph (Didn’t see myself unfortunatly but heard myself/partically felt myself changed. I think I claimed goal points previously?)

Yes james, I confirm you had already scored both “Superpower” and “Transform” while lucid, so score remains unchanged

I can imagine smells just fine. Recalling a smell from a dream doesn’t happen too often, but it happens.

That’s really cool. Well, depending on what the smell is! :tongue:

Task stuff: Dunno if a row of 8 very similar paintings counts as an exhibit. I went through a picture. Does it have to be one you’ve drawn, or can it be any picture?

Here is the DJ entry

A room with some pictures / paintings is perfect, as I wrote in tasks description.

Also, entering any kind of picture awards point

Scores updated

Here is this week’s singing task. I also stuck my hands in a river and it felt cool. Later I was sweating/feeling hot in another lucid dream, which might count for one of last week’s tasks.

BTW, I am going away this weekend and will probably not do any journalling or see the new tasks. Back on Tues.

Short lucid dream where I mind controlled about 300 women. So that would be “Use a superpower” done lucid. In the non-lucid part of the same dream I drew on a whiteboard, so that’s “Draw something” and early points.

Edit: Oh, I get a lot more points from that lucid:
-See something colored
-Hear something
-Hear voice
-Touch something
-Feel texture
-Feel hot/cold

Well, I’m still struggling along, but I’m determined to complete my goal by the end of this LC.
I haven’t written in my DJ for a while now, but I am about to implement a couple of things to try fix that.

In the meantime, I would like to claim the following points:

Two short LDs please.

Tasks:
Completed back in week 3:
IN LD- See something colored +10 pts
IN LD- Hear something +20 pts
IN LD- Hear voice +10 pts
IN LD- Touch something +10 pts
IN LD- Feel cold +20 pts

Completed in week 4:

• Eat/drink something +10 pts
  • Feel taste +20 pts
    IN LD- See a painting +10 pts (was one of my older sisters IRL paintings)

I have found new motivation to complete my personal goal, and have found several new goals (one of which would qualify for my LC pers. goal ,a but I will try for the kitsune first I think)

Noted, good job all

Scores updated

Please note that Week 5 tasks (final week) will be posted at earliest on Sun 20th

Happy lucids !

I m finally back with 2 short LDs.

Tasks:
Week 2:

• Fly (does it count, I made my shopping trolley fly :smile: )
  • People spectacting (well my colleague was with me)

Week 3:

• Touch something
  • See something colored

oh my god I m still so slow :open_mouth:
my DJ

Added a few new dreams to my dream Journal, lots of firsts and challenge points with these ones.

11/14/16 All of these ones were during a lucid dream
*Recognize you are dreaming
*Short Lucid Dream
*Use superpower (Failed fireball but was something)
*Elemental power (Unsure of this one, tried to cast magic and it wasn’t what I intened but felt elemental)
*See something colored (Green!)
*Hear voice (Does this count as “Hear something” too; or do they need to be separate events?)
*Feel hot/cold (“Hot”, if you can call it that, springs)

11/17/16 These ones were in normal dreams
*Use a new superpower (X-ray vision)
*Find yourself in danger (Wasn’t sure what the consequences were of being caught, but I was afraid and felt in danger)
*Escape! (In the end of the dream I felt like I had escaped and was elated.)
*Touch something (A golden orb thing that felt like a smooth metal)
*Feel texture (Orb again)

Dream Journal

Excellent ones, Koala and SpaceRace !
Really enjoyable DJ entries !

I am happy to see so many dreamers complete tasks and get to nice scores !

Scores updated

Welcome to Lucidity Challenge 56 - Week 5

Background

[spoiler]You are tired from all that walking in such a huge museum, but feel happy you did it.
The exit is in front of you, you are about to move on in that direction, when you notice a last room to your right. You don’t recall that room beeing there when you entered, but of course that’s not surprising at all, since you are dreaming…

The door has a strange blue luminescence around it, and above the door you read a strange sign “CauZion - E><peRime||t R00M - Do NOT etneR !!!11!1oneoneeleven”
You would be tempted to leave the room alone and just exit the museum, but… oh curses, you are just too curious about it and put your hand on the handle; wWarm electricity flows through your body, then you are blinded by a flash!

When you are able to see again, you are sitting on a high armchair above an elevated platform, surrounded by electric panels, small lights, buttons, levers and indicators. Before you, six people wearing non-sensical uniforms and behind them, the outer space stares back at you, with his thousands point of lights.

The crew is looking at you; an asian-looking girl on the left speaks “Where next, commander ?”
[/spoiler]

Week 5 - Space adventures

• Be in outer space +20 pts

• Without equipment +10 pts (You can wear any kind of clothes except a space suit)
    • See Earth or Moon +10 pts
  • Be in a spaceship/rocket +20 pts

• Has a crew +10 pts (Even just another person !)
    • Take off +10 pts
    • Land +10 pts
    • Shoot space weapon +10 pts (Any kind - lasers, Death Ray, space missiles, …)
    • Engage in space duel/fight +20 pts
    • Use hyperspeed / lightspeed +20 pts
  • Land on planet other than Earth/Moon +20 pts

• Touch Sun/star +30 pts (how it is up close ? what’s in there ?)
    • Discover new species +20 pts (flora/fauna not existing on Earth - describe how it looks)
    • Meet sentient alien +30 pts (what did they tell you ?)
  • Travel through wormhole / blackhole +30 pts (What happens to you / your ship ?) (Need to try this out myself!)

Notes:

• All previous weeks’ tasks stay current but do not earn “Early” bonus anymore
  • This is last week of LC56, ending Sun 27th

Happy lucids !

Non-lucid dream in which I do the “hear voice’” task. I notice tbat mirrors don’t work properly (obvious dreamsign) but don’t become lucid.