Lucidly frustrated!

Hi… Last night I became lucid for the first time, but it was quite frustrating.

I used WILD after 24hours without sleep, so I was very tired.
I fell asleep and entered the dream with some consciousness.
Within the dream and after some RC`s, I said to myself; “wow, im actually dreaming”, so i desided to walk through a mirror, but heres comes the problem:

I ran across the room, dived into the mirror, but instead of entering the other side, I smashed my head into the glass and ended up in a pile of broken glass and the mirrorframe.

The lucid part of the dream lasted for about 10 sec or so…

Think I have to demand its MY dream…

:welcome: aloisnin!

Don’t worry, that’s a very common problem for lucid dreamers. It’s a lack of control, usually from a certain doubt, but not always. You have to find your perfect trick for getting things to work. (I personally have to ‘will’ things to go a certain way instead of ordering them to, my brain doesn’t like yelling. :tongue:)

Next chance you get, go ahead and introduce yourself in The Big “Hi, I’m New Here!” Topic - Part XXVII. :grin:

Feel free to PM or post with any questions you may have, we’re more than willing to help. ^^

:wolb:

In my second lucid dream, I tried to walk through a pane of glass. It didn’t work. Then a DC told me I could do it, and my second try was successful. It’s all about the confidence level.

As I have noticed, in lucid its all about “what you think”, like If you think that a monster could be behind the door, it will be there in most cases.

My first attempts on flying in lucids were quite unsuccessful aswell, but when I thought, “Damn I want to learn how to fly!!” in LD, a DC, who was actually my IRL neighbour, came to me and said “Follow me Soldier” (dunno why he added “Soldier”, but I think it had something to do with playing Battlefield 2, too much last night.) And so he jumped on to the air and started flying, and I followed him, and now I could fly, I didnt think about flying at all, All I had in my mind, was to follow my friend :smile: