Making a meditation playlist

By making, I mean making the music myself, not taking someone else’s music. I have a music-making program that has a bunch of instruments and tools. I got the idea of tweaking some settings and making some nice meditation music. I often find it hard to meditate without silence or calming music. Any ideas for it, if it’s even possible to give ideas? When I’m done, I can give you the playlist if you PM me your email, or I’ll host it (probly the second).

Sounds cool, well drumbeats are cool, and so are nature sounds… like rain and thunder. Good music for visualization when meditating though I find works better when the music has a strong mood and atmosphere. But people are different.
I say make something that you like, this is your artistic project that will reflect you and keep you content if you do so… other people have the choice to like it. :smile: good luck

Nature sounds? Birds and crickets are probly all I can do, but lightning? That’s just insane. I dont think that’s even possible to make, and if I did, I think it would probly just disturb your meditation…

On the other hand, If you use these for LDing, it could be a dreamsign.

The sound of rain is very relaxing, at least if it’s not too loud. And distant thunder is not disturbing at all. Ah, I used to have a really long track with rain, thunder and a flute.
Speaking of flutes, I used to also have some japanese meditation music, with a flute. ANd i noticed that, To be able to play the flute like that you would need to be able to exhale for a long time. Trying to match the flute, if it makes a sound exhale, if it pauses, inhale, beacuse this would be when the player inhales. Guiding the breath like that helps with focus.

I’ve played a flute. You don’t really need to breathe out for a long time if you can breathe in really fast. But usually, you do, so that could help. I’ll try to add in a flute, but I’ve never been good at that…

I don’t think I’ll be able to make rain. I’ll keep trying though. So far, a few instruments play some relaxing chords in harmony and it sounds very nice. It’s not just chords either, they connect with other notes too.

Good luck

I’ve got a big part of it done in my mind, but I haven’t put it down on the file yet. Expect it by next year. Of course, soon I’m going to be a lot busier, so that might not happen.

In other news, THE WII ROX! I want one so muchly…