Male circumcision.

There is a REASON your born with hands and feet and a head, just like there is a REASON your born with an UNCIRCUMCISED penis, your not ganna cut of your hands right? so why cut off what your born with, if we didn’t need this skin we wouldn’t have it, simple as that!

Mystery

We’re born with our littlest toe, but we don’t need that.

who says we don’t? All the toes put together help get a grip on the ground, easier to keep balanced WITH the littlest toe :razz:

What we’re born with we need, nothing can change that, if we didn’t need it we wouldn’t be born with it, its a simple and straight forward as that.

Mystery

When you say the top 2/3: do you mean the area around the urinary exit or the area right above the “ring” of the corona?
Because i lost all sensitivity in the two thirds of my glans closest to the shaft. Does this mean that my dorsal nerves have been cut? :help:

Thanks.

I think that circumcision should not be decided by the parents. If a child wants to get circumcised later on that’s their choice, but as a new born they get NO choice. Also there is a lot of evidence on the medical disadvantages of cirumcision, but if you want part of your cock chopped off, that’s your business. But I wouldn’t.

People have a lot of self-destructive tendencies. I feel it might promote violence (later in life) against others and ruin a child trust towards his parents. It would ruin a child’s perception of himself and of his sexuality. Anyway, there aren’t too many benefits of doing so.

That varies from person to person. But actually alot of the circumsized people do have to use lube when masturbating. It is also a known fact that you lose sensitivity when you have been circumsized.

So what is the point then? all i can see i religious, traditional reasons left. It has absolutely no benefits, unless you actually dont clean/wash your penis as you should.

I have absolutely nothing against a adult chooising to circumsize themself, but forcing it upon a child is actually disgusting in my opinion. Both female and male circumsision is wrong and cruel when forced.

I’m an American mother of two sons. Neither of my boys are circumcised. I always thought that in the US, the practice was traditionally reserved for Jewish boys until WWII. At this time, the US Government encouraged people - even adult males to get circumcised in an attempt to control venerial disease. I live in an area with a large military base and a progressive university. In this area, only about 50% of the male babies undergo this mutilation. Most of those babies are from military families. It seems to me that there are great pressures for military families to conform to a very strict mold. There are a lot of young fathers especially who are afraid that their sons will look different from the other kids in the locker room and get teased.
In this country we tend to do a lot of things that don’t make a lot of sense. We are not generally motivated by logic. The prevalence of formula feeding infants is another example. The norm here is to try breastfeeding for a week or two and then switch to formula. If a mother does nurse her baby, it rarely extends past six months. It is rare to find an infant who was breastfed for a year, and almost unheard of to nurse past 12 months. Needless to say, I’ve been considered a social misfit (even by my doctor) because I did not concent to have my sons genitals mutilated and nursed both past 12 months.
So there you have it - many Americans are hillbilly idiots, but not all of us.

Whoa! Wait a sec!.. :lol:

/me :hugs: CK.

That post was… well, very educational, and I mean this straight, but wow woman! :happy: Don’t hate the place that much. I can see why you would feel outcast and indeed forced to adequate yourself to, well, medieval ritualia. But this kind of overall attitude will get people to alien you out even more, and then you won’t be able to spread your word properly. In order to do politics, in the best interest of the kids who are mutilated all over the place, I ask you to consider a more giving tone of voice… diplomacy, contrary to popular belief, is war — a cold war for reason — and in order not to lose it, you must not, ever, allow yourself to lose your mind. :smile:

That said, I proceed to contradicting myself. DreamAddict expressed, in his first post, concern about how Eyelids had delivered his opinions. One of his points was that Eyelids had made the post so that it would be more effective as a “one more reason to hate the Yanks” post to foreigners than as a mean to help change locally. I beg to disagree. Politics is done by whatever means are necessary and sometimes international embarrassment will just do the trick. In your position, I’d rather shame-on-you at the people who said “see, that’s why I say Yanks are a bunch of brainless morons” than frown at Eyelids’ attitude itself.

There are two things at play in this discussion: the most embarrassing situation which is culturally-generalised circumcision, and the xenophobia people direct at the United States. This being a topic about the former, and not the later, I’d like to firstly reprimend, damn seriously, all the acts of xenophobia posed by forum members in this topic, and secondly ask for everyone to drop that subject and refrain from discussing it in this topic. And that said, I move back to circumcision, which is the rightful subject of this topic.

I have only skimmed the replies, and having ignored 70% of the posts for the reasons stated above, I’m left with few relevant posts. Firstly, I’d like to say I agree completely with Chris and Q: no form of operation should be done to a child unless strictly necessary and, moreover, it should not be a parent’s choice whether or not their child will grow up mutilated, whatever the reason, but in fact the child’s choice — when they’re old enough to make that choice.

In that sense, there is a very strong dialogue between the ideas posed in this last posted by CK, and DA’s replies. CK’s post implies the lack of circumcision is a source of great embarrassment for the parents and the child, to the point of casting out those people. DA, in a more pondered tone, points out that “most of the reasons” for circumcisions are “cosmetic”. Isn’t he saying just the same as CK after all? The word cosmetic shares its root with the word cosmos: it’s from Ancient Greek, and translates roughly as “orderly, correct”. In which sense whatever is “not cosmetic” is to be taken as “disordered, wrong”.

DA himself points out how people in the United States are actually embarrassed of being uncircumcised, assigning to that the values: “unattractive, gross”. How horrible is that? The fact that it’s such a commonsense value that it was not untill a couple of years ago (that is, after this topic’s heyday) that it was made illegal for hospitals to add circumcision to the “standard procedures” — effectivelly requiring all doctors to always check with the parents first. This is really serious. And what about the people who will make their kids go though this — without anesthesia! — because they’re afraid their kids will have to put up with great embarrassment otherwise. Because the only good reason for circumcision is cosmetic, that is to say, aesthetic: because it is implied by the culture that an uncircumcised penis is gross.

I think this is a very serious issue, and I’d like to say I too am horrified that it’s indeed so disseminated in the States. I’d like to applaud CK for being a brave mother and for standing up for her beliefs, an attitude which should only inspire pride, and happiness. And once again before the end of this post, I’d like to leave my glare towards anyone who wishes to polarise this topic into a Yank xenophobia parade.