Morality in Lucid Dreaming.

I think in an LD, it is sadistic to torture someone deliberately, just to feel powerful, but if you are having fun with swords, lightsabres, mock duels, then it is fine

If killing was allowed you would still hesitate because you know you would be absolutely despised by that person’s family.
It’s not illegal to look extremely mad all day, but we still prefer not to do it because we know it makes a bad impression on most people.

Personally I think the only thing LDs say about your character is that you enjoy doing bad stuff as long as it isn’t real.
And I’m a believer in that even if a wise person obtains power, (s)he would still do his/her best to use it properly.

I wouldn’t kill…ever.
But many people would and they don’t care about other peoples’ families.

I’ll have to stick with “Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely”.
I had a LD that night in which i was having sex with my friends.
It started with my daily routine, but when i made a reality check with my watch i became aware it was just a dream, so i just went to a bar and on the way there i deliberatly made calls so that my hot friends would be there, because i thought that if i dream i can do everything i want.Since i was aware of the dream i just somehow made the DC’s (that looked like my friends) have sex with me by only thinking what would happen inside my head. When i woke up I realised how immoral and wrong that was and had guilt over the events in the dream, because IRL i would never take advantage of anybody.

I’m a very kind and sympathetic person in real life, but I still think I could do totally random things in my lucid dreams - because hey, after all they’re not real, you can do absolutely anything you want in lucid dreams with no limitations whatsoever and it still won’t hurt anyone.
It’s quite different to have power in real life, after all, where you have to respect other human beings as well. :tongue:

Although I do think I could feel a little bad if I severely mistreated a DC.

Wow, this is a great topic. I had never thought about morality in my dreams. I havent mistreated any DC so far, but i haven’t had more than 4LDs and only 2 of them had DCs. Since my dream characters have always been friends or family, the thought of hurting them had never crossed my mind. I guess i will try hurting one of my DC someday, altho i think i am incapable of harming anyone.